Noobs xmaxx build.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, that was a huge concern for me. I drive a bucket truck everyday lol. We had a couple good spots for Mexico runs, but more and more people started going there. Which eventually "burned" the spots and the cops go out their way to go by those spots lol. It's only been a couple of weeks but overall, I don't miss the car.
I know what you mean about spots getting burned. the last 6 months or so I've contemplated selling the Chally and buying a nice pick up. Problem is my Chally was a childhood dream come true for me so I'm reluctant to sell it.

I know what you mean about spots getting burned. the last 6 months or so I've contemplated selling the Chally and buying a nice pick up. Problem is my Chally was a childhood dream come true for me so I'm reluctant to sell it.

That's definitely understandable. If you have that attachment, it's best to keep it for a while longer. You know when you walk away from your car and you gotta stop, turn around and look at it again? Or randomly check on it in the garage lol. I lost that and knew it was time to part ways.

I feel it bro. I'm still addicted to the feeling of raw HP under my ass and the sound of ear splitting exhaust. Sometimes though you can lose your passion for a thing. I went through that with RCs for a number or years and I thought I was done forever so I sold a lot of my RC stuff off and then one day I rediscovered my passion for it. Everything in life waxes and wanes.

I feel it bro. I'm still addicted to the feeling of raw HP under my ass and the sound of ear splitting exhaust. Sometimes though you can lose your passion for a thing. I went through that with RCs for a number or years and I thought I was done forever so I sold a lot of my RC stuff off and then one day I rediscovered my passion for it. Everything in life waxes and wanes.

That's how it goes sometimes. Distance makes the heart grow fonder lol.

Hoping to get some good sessions this weekend. Xmaxx is back to 100%. Have a few spots to look at and one has a ramp. I went to the semi local hobby shop too. I had a cracked steering block I needed to replace plus I planned on buying a arrma notorious but they had a outcast 6s exb rtr in stock. So I left with that.

20211016_015024.jpg

Hoping to get some good sessions this weekend. Xmaxx is back to 100%. Have a few spots to look at and one has a ramp. I went to the semi local hobby shop too. I had a cracked steering block I needed to replace plus I planned on buying a arrma notorious but they had a outcast 6s exb rtr in stock. So I left with that.

View attachment 135087
Awesome! You'll have a blast with that fo sho!

View attachment 135087
Very cool, congrats.
I'm going to start building the Outcast 8s when I'm done with my Xmaxx.

View attachment 135087
Oh very nice bud 👍😍 oh man you got the RC fever😉👍👍

Very cool, congrats.
I'm going to start building the Outcast 8s when I'm done with my Xmaxx.

The different approaches to how the trucks are designed, I'd definitely interesting. I'm really curious how this truck performs because I still really want a kraton 8s but seems the outcast is more comparable.

Oh very nice bud 👍😍 oh man you got the RC fever😉👍👍

Just a wee bit 🤣

The different approaches to how the trucks are designed, I'd definitely interesting. I'm really curious how this truck performs because I still really want a kraton 8s but seems the outcast is more comparable.

Just a wee bit 🤣
The arrma vehicles are good RCs for sure.. But the Kra8 is on a whole other level compared to the 6s 1/10 scale.. completely different vehicles and handling.. the outcast is made of plastic the Kra8 is aluminum and is a flat out beast truggy....but the outcast is a good vehicle maybe not as durable as the Kra8 though... but you will have a blast driven it for sure. Enjoy the new kit man don't forget run vids 😉👍👍

The arrma vehicles are good RCs for sure.. But the Kra8 is on a whole other level compared to the 6s 1/10 scale.. completely different vehicles and handling.. the outcast is made of plastic the Kra8 is aluminum and is a flat out beast truggy....but the outcast is a good vehicle maybe not as durable as the Kra8 though... but you will have a blast driven it for sure. Enjoy the new kit man don't forget run vids 😉👍👍

This has an aluminum chassis, aluminum shock towers etc. I think the exb is a bit different than the regular version.

This has an aluminum chassis, aluminum shock towers etc. I think the exb is a bit different than the regular version.
Oh sorry looked plastic in photo. But yes the EXB is a 5mm chassis and towers. The standard is 3mm I believe.

Oh sorry looked plastic in photo. But yes the EXB is a 5mm chassis and towers. The standard is 3mm I believe.

It's like a plastic tub on each side.

Today did not go well at all. Blew out a tire on the xmaxx and messed up the foam. Not sure if its repairable.

Something messed up on the steering with arrma outcast. Either the gears in the servo are stripping out or something else. It was an absolute blast until that happened 🤣

It's like a plastic tub on each side.

Today did not go well at all. Blew out a tire on the xmaxx and messed up the foam. Not sure if its repairable.

Something messed up on the steering with arrma outcast. Either the gears in the servo are stripping out or something else. It was an absolute blast until that happened 🤣
Oh sh*t man that's never good on the new RC.. whats the servo doing? Those RTR servo suck to begin with. Usually all plastic gears.. what happened to the X's tire was it from ballooning? did you ever re glue them all? Or did you use the auto flip? That is the #1 issue with blown tires

Oh sh*t man that's never good on the new RC.. whats the servo doing? Those RTR servo suck to begin with. Usually all plastic gears.. what happened to the X's tire was it from ballooning? did you ever re glue them all? Or did you use the auto flip? That is the #1 issue with blown tires

It has a metal external gear but I think it has plastic inside and it sounds like plastic gears grinding. The steering will sometimes bind up with servo hooked up. Disconnected it and the steering works fine. I didn't even do anything crazy to it yet lol

Xmaxx went up on two tires, the rear ballooned up bad and some foam flew out. I couldn't find all of it. I don't see replacement foam anywhere. So guess I need to buy two tires or possibly convert it to kraton tires.

I think I'm gonna grab the six pack.

The inner part on the middle gear on the servo looks a chewed up and I can see where one gear was digging into the case

Probably gonna try this out, not sure if I need 180 or 270 control angle.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S9XZYN...abc_0GWK2VRN45BA5YC83HYZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 135203
Not saying that servo wont work but for extra $12 bucks you can get the JX 70KG I've been running in my K8. So far its been holding up pretty well. Just a thought.

It has a metal external gear but I think it has plastic inside and it sounds like plastic gears grinding. The steering will sometimes bind up with servo hooked up. Disconnected it and the steering works fine. I didn't even do anything crazy to it yet lol

Xmaxx went up on two tires, the rear ballooned up bad and some foam flew out. I couldn't find all of it. I don't see replacement foam anywhere. So guess I need to buy two tires or possibly convert it to kraton tires.
I would go belted personally.. duratrax six pack belted. Or any belted tire..

https://www.rcplanet.com/duratrax-s...X63KxlQqPQBR9yoV7Q9-mJmAt6-EgPzIaApPsEALw_wcB
I think I'm gonna grab the six pack.

The inner part on the middle gear on the servo looks a chewed up and I can see where one gear was digging into the case

Probably gonna try this out, not sure if I need 180 or 270 control angle.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S9XZYN...abc_0GWK2VRN45BA5YC83HYZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 135203
Usually the rc servos are 180°. Does it still turn. You can see how far it turns to check it and it's degree of turning

Last edited:
Not saying that servo wont work but for extra $12 bucks you can get the JX 70KG I've been running in my K8. So far its been holding up pretty well. Just a thought.

I went with the 35kg for now. I may try that other one in the xmaxx if it goes out.

I would go belted personally.. duratrax six pack belted. Or any belted tire..

https://www.rcplanet.com/duratrax-s...X63KxlQqPQBR9yoV7Q9-mJmAt6-EgPzIaApPsEALw_wcB

Usually the rc servos are 180°. Does it still turn. You can see how far it turns to check it and it's degree of turning

Those are the tires I ordered. And I ordered the 180° servo. Everything should be here by Wednesday.

Probably gonna start on the Xmaxx's diffs tomorrow. Probably bump the rear up to 50k and 75k blend up front.

Setup a makeshift bench for now. Not doing anything permanent since I applied for a job that'll cause me to move. If it doesn't work out, I'll get a proper setup.
20211018_192637.jpg

Back