No prep sand dragster?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iowa crawler

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
This is the next big thing. And you heard it here first!

2WD Sand dragsters.

This is going to be a long term build or I’ll just drop it if it’s dumb. but when I put the body on the frame I knew I wanted to build it.

DR10 chassis with a deadbolt body spinning monster tires out back. Why not?

How far should a 1/10 scan sand drag strip be . 10-20 feet? Should be totally out of control by then.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 658
Doesn't sound dumb to me. Try it. Maybe throw in a r/c hillclimb too?

Scale 1/16mi, 33ft might be a good length to start with? Kinda sorta keeps it in the drag racing distance realm. What was the r/c tractor pull distance? Can't remember. That might offer a distance option as well.

Be a good winter project. Know I'll follow along on the build. Cheers and Happy New Year. 'AC'

I know most full scale sand and dirt drags are usually around 300 go 330 feet or so. I've been toying with the same idea for awhile. I just use my no prep body or a regular sct truck body. I also use proline paddle tires on my dr10. Totally wild and fun to Play with in a different environment
20220110_203001.jpg

I was looking at someone that put tire spikes from a bicycle in a set of drag tires.

I just hope everyone within a five mile area has safety glasses.

Last edited:
Oh boy I'm diggin the concept.

Dear Proline. Bring back our beloved Trac-ta-gators and speed paw tires in 2.2 and other rim sizes. i need my spikey tires back for this. PADDLES did not impress me out of the hole on loose soil

Class rules ideas

SC SIZED TRUCK 2WD EP
Must be based on a production truck like a slash 2wd , losi and similar. Custom chassis and Other parts from other materials are legal but must be same dimensions for lower arms, chassis length, and wheelbase within a set tolerance vs stock

But ill be over here working on the nitro 2wd class and a future project ...

Nitro sand dragster.

Nothing like sensitive, complex machinery covered and packed with oil soaked sand.

I can dig it . 🙃

This is a great idea!

I kinda need to move on this project. I spotted some paddle tires in the hobby shop the other day.

I also was thinking the wheelie bar should have little skies instead of wheels.

Love the car except the wheel base is a bit off but it’s a project car and I’m sure it’s hard to find a body if you want I will try to find a body like this for you if you give me the length from front to back and the wheel base

I kinda like the rear wheels hanging out back. Reminds me of other drag setups like ATV's and sport bikes.

This is kinda what I’m thinking.
Oh hell yeah! That looks even better. There is a sandy dirt road that is nice and smooth right out in front of my place, past the field we play in. I can't wait to see this project take shape for inspirationsl purposes.

I kinda need to move on this project. I spotted some paddle tires in the hobby shop the other day.

I also was thinking the wheelie bar should have little skies instead of wheels.
What about...

4wd 1/8th buggy based class.

i want soupy mud

Back