Street Legal Dragway

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahr43

Hardcore RCTalk User
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Articles keep popping up online about the building of a 330ft drag strip south of Los Angeles with 670ft shut down. No prep street legal (full size) cars and motorcycles only. Purpose is to offer street racers a place to safely race. Gee, sounds like NHRA, circa mid-1950s, all over again.

Here's the link:

Street Legal Dragway

Anyway, got me to thinking about adapting it to RC in front of my house. At 1/10 scale be 33ft with 67ft shut down. Easily doable-almost anywhere.

Actually, paced off that distance in my back yard doing a shake down of the Senton 2WD not long ago. Not a course validation. For that, will need to put down some runs out front on concrete first. Gonna give a try just for grins. Cheers. 'AC'

20230802_103256_forum resize.jpg

20230802_103308_resize RCT.jpg

Articles keep popping up online about the building of a 330ft drag strip south of Los Angeles with 670ft shut down. No prep street legal (full size) cars and motorcycles only. Purpose is to offer street racers a place to safely race. Gee, sounds like NHRA, circa mid-1950s, all over again.

Here's the link:

Street Legal Dragway

Anyway, got me to thinking about adapting it to RC in front of my house. At 1/10 scale be 33ft with 67ft shut down. Easily doable-almost anywhere.

Actually, paced off that distance in my back yard doing a shake down of the Senton 2WD not long ago. Not a course validation. For that, will need to put down some runs out front on concrete first. Gonna give a try just for grins. Cheers. 'AC'

View attachment 170744

View attachment 170745
I wish them luck on getting that drag strip up and running. It would be refreshing to see progress in the way of mechanized fun in California.

If you need 100ft, just about any parking lot will do. Even the tiny court I live in is 250ft long. You could even talk with a local school or Junior college about hosting events. It would be pretty simple setup and the risk is low.

Two thumbs up, Jerold. :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

Agree 100%. Think I read Street Legal Dragway's first event is planned Sept., 22 or thereabouts. Seriously hope they can make a go of it. Then perhaps if not starting a trend nationwide, it at least provides insight to an option.

33 + 67ft RC drag strip is an easy fit at the industrial site where I do speed runs. With fall and cooler weather coming be able to set up there.

Yeah, too old here to honcho any sort of event(s). Leaving that to the RC young lions. But it's a fun thing to do out front of the house. Have a smaller pinion on order for the Rustler and a tire set on the wish list for the Senton. Let the tuning wars begin. . . :cool:

Cheers. 'AC'