No Nitro should be w/o a failsafe!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickstix

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey again!! Everyone knows you shouldn't run a nitro vehicle w/o a failsafe, and now there's no reason why everyone shouldn have one! I found these on ebay.. Only 5$ and s/h is free!! I was going to wait until I got mine, and do a review first (which I still will do once it gets here) but figured I better post the link now, cause sometimes these deals go away as fast as they show up.. Anyway, this looks like a barebones failsafe, but the seller has 100% feedback, and heck, it's only 5$, so there's really not much risk.. I figure an extra drop of sealant where the wires enter the cover, and maybe one around the button, and it should be good to go! If ya look closley you can see they have a clear sleeve over the electronic board, so it's not just out there in the elements.. (Note: I have zero affiliation with this seller/product.. Just came across them and wanted to share incase anyone else needed one) So, w/o futher delay, here is the link:

Nitro Failsafe for $5 on ebay

Here's a pic as well:
failsafe.gif

Bummer... I've already bought and installed one on both of mine... Only $30 each... So I guess I'm out $50... Oh, well... :)
:cool:

Nah, you probably got a quality piece to protect a high quality RC!! These are more along the line of your bargin bashin type of stuff.. ;)

my failsafe is pretty much homemade
i would start a thread on the build but it will be quick.
to make failsafe:
drive rc inside a culdesac.

my failsafe is pretty much homemade
i would start a thread on the build but it will be quick.
to make failsafe:
drive rc inside a culdesac.

your gonna think "failsafe" when that servo glitches or you get interference and your rig goes full speed across the yard, over the curb, into someones house/car/kid, and screams at WOT until you run over there, only to have the engine blow on you as you reach down to kill it.

$5 or $50 a failsafe is worth its weight in gold.

I'm ok with hitting houses and cars, but i dont drive near young kids

I have a fail safe set up on all my rigs even the electric one that i have. Its called a spektrum DX3R

Last edited:
your gonna think "failsafe" when that servo glitches or you get interference and your rig goes full speed across the yard, over the curb, into someones house/car/kid, and screams at WOT until you run over there, only to have the engine blow on you as you reach down to kill it.

$5 or $50 a failsafe is worth its weight in gold.

+1000, I had to learn this one the hard way unfortunately.

I have a fail safe set up on all my rigs even the electric one that i have. Its called a spektrum DX3R

AMEN!!!!!
There is no replacement for a good quality Tx/Rx!!!!
You don't have to spend 300 dollars either. $160 roughly, will buy you a nice 3pm-mx or a Spektrum 2.0, 3.0 system. They pay for themselves in the long run 10X over.

AMEN!!!!!
There is no replacement for a good quality Tx/Rx!!!!
You don't have to spend 300 dollars either. $160 roughly, will buy you a nice 3pm-mx or a Spektrum 2.0, 3.0 system. They pay for themselves in the long run 10X over.

well i wasn't implying to get the DX3R i was just making a point that a Quality TX/RX combo will give you a fail safe, that way you don't have to have any extra wires on your rig, to break, melt, ect.

I know, just letting the guys know the same as well. I'd love to have the 3R but honestly the 3PM-Mx does everything I need and then some. Going Lipo on the Rx pack next! Tenergy 2300mah and Muchmore 6.5V regulator for more speed and power. Big difference! No fade over long runs either.

Failsafe FTW. Even though it might be built in, I will run an external from now on.

DSC03121.jpg

DSC03118.jpg

DSC03115.jpg

DSC03123.jpg

Hey again!! Everyone knows you shouldn't run a nitro vehicle w/o a failsafe, and now there's no reason why everyone shouldn have one! I found these on ebay.. Only 5$ and s/h is free!! I was going to wait until I got mine, and do a review first (which I still will do once it gets here) but figured I better post the link now, cause sometimes these deals go away as fast as they show up.. Anyway, this looks like a barebones failsafe, but the seller has 100% feedback, and heck, it's only 5$, so there's really not much risk.. I figure an extra drop of sealant where the wires enter the cover, and maybe one around the button, and it should be good to go! If ya look closley you can see they have a clear sleeve over the electronic board, so it's not just out there in the elements.. (Note: I have zero affiliation with this seller/product.. Just came across them and wanted to share incase anyone else needed one) So, w/o futher delay, here is the link:

Nitro Failsafe for $5 on ebay

Here's a pic as well:
failsafe.gif

You get what you pay for. 5 dollar failsafe on my 1200 dollar revo....NOT.

Exetreme, wasn't the rx wire being too short on the 3S system the issue? You were not the only one to have runaways with that particular TX/Rx.

Not sure what it was, I don't feel like smashing any more rc's to find out. The old RX's with the longer antenna seem to work fine, the one you sent me has had no glitches so far :)

i have one of those (the $5 failsafe in the first picture) , for some reason, it never seems to kick in when battery is low..... had my ts4n run away twice, so i bought a traxxas fail safe. worked 4 or 5 times since.

DAve

Last edited:
That's odd, my Spek's always stopped responding when the batts dump. They would just sit there and idle. Never found the range limit, can't see too good anyways.

Back