No Clue Where to Start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I re-edited. It is the Truggy version. He has only run it twice on the 5200 lipo. Link below...

https://www.horizonhobby.com/LOS030...MIk7Kwrqey4QIVUtbACh13hQgbEAQYASABEgLqz_D_BwE

I know it is not an RC monster truck but it seems like it would take anything I am going to do to it (at least at first)....

Is $225 a decent price for one of these in like-new condition?
Personally i think so. i would see if anyone else here could weigh in on it here and or check YT for review videos to make sure thats what YOU want.
The truggy version is the more desirable version, as the smaller tires are easier on the motor. and handles a bit better than the MT because the lower center of gravity (kinda rambled there on a point that doesn't matter sorry!)
if i had the cash i would.
before you buy it, spin each of the tires make sure all spin freely, no binding, grinding, chattering, or hanging (aside from the motor).
compress the suspension make sure it moves freely. also make sure the shocks are actually dampening not just springing, you will feel the resistance from the fluid as you cycle the suspension back up.

It's hard to ignore... it has some things the arrma 1/10th's don't. Steel drive shafts, center diff... not sure what kind of aftermarket support there is and how tough the arms/shock towers are. The center diff helps make it more controllable. The steel drive shafts mean it should be able to handle 3S without much fuss. However, a 3800kv motor may not like 3S very much. Would probably do ok on 2S. Motor's are fairly cheap, so you can step that down to a 3300kv later or something for $30-40.

Personally i think so. i would see if anyone else here could weigh in on it here and or check YT for review videos to make sure thats what YOU want.
The truggy version is the more desirable version, as the smaller tires are easier on the motor. and handles a bit better than the MT because the lower center of gravity (kinda rambled there on a point that doesn't matter sorry!)
if i had the cash i would.
before you buy it, spin each of the tires make sure all spin freely, no binding, grinding, chattering, or hanging (aside from the motor).
compress the suspension make sure it moves freely. also make sure the shocks are actually dampening not just springing, you will feel the resistance from the fluid as you cycle the suspension back up.

Will Do! Thanks!

I'm hoping when the arrma 4S trucks come out, that they have a center diff and steel axles. Not sure how they will hold up otherwise.

A TENacity Truggy, in good shape, with extras, for $250 seems like a. Great deal. Take the extra money and get the $100 Pro kit, gets a aluminum chassis, upgraded shocks and towers, and a few other things...

https://www.horizonhobby.com/tenacity-proformance-upgrade-kit-los331008

Love my Granite, but a TENacity with the Pro upgrades kit would be awesome.