Nitro Rustler with 2 speed transmission

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate, I am looking at a Jato at a low price, but your thread makes me want to wait and see how this pans out.
Good job!

Mate, I am looking at a Jato at a low price, but your thread makes me want to wait and see how this pans out.
Good job!
Grab it! The Jato is the scariest thing I have ever driven too close to me. It's like a missle.

Grab it! The Jato is the scariest thing I have ever driven too close to me. It's like a missle.
If its that badass, I may have to build one slowly. 😎

Good job!
Jatos are awesome stock nitro cars since they go fast without any upgrades and if you find it at a good price I would suggest getting it 👍 but my Rustler is definitely going to be a hell of a sleeper my goal is to reach 65-75mph and I'm pretty sure I can achieve it 🤘😁 stay tuned!

If it hits one of your legs might as well be a missile 😂 at those speeds it might break them lol

Yeah, they are a lot of fun. They are hella fast. But they don't steer well at 60+mph 😉
At that speed the width of the car to either side is all she does, and thats to avoid animals or pot holes.

I had a squirrel cut my stampede off before. Didnt hit it.

Yeah, they are a lot of fun. They are hella fast. But they don't steer well at 60+mph 😉
I feel that depends on the tire size and the throttle you're giving it while turning at those speeds also grip of the tires... With 2.2 tires you can turn decently at around 45-50ish mph without the car automatically flipping over and or rotating 👍
Oh, there is no might about it 😉
I believe it 😅

I guess the project is on hold until Mid Oct since I do not have the screws and they are on back order... This sucks.
I will be changing my spur gear from a 64T to a 60Teeth this week though to see if I can reach 60mph with the single speed magnum tranny in the mean time 😁👍
Sorry guys. But once the pieces arrive I'll keep you updated!

Screenshot_20220916_234431.jpg

I guess the project is on hold until Mid Oct since I do not have the screws and they are on back order... This sucks.
I will be changing my spur gear from a 64T to a 60Teeth this week though to see if I can reach 60mph with the single speed magnum tranny in the mean time 😁👍
Sorry guys. But once the pieces arrive I'll keep you updated!

View attachment 152674
Dude. You can buy screws anywhere. This is my dealer.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1748136940...ar=474632227646&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Good quality, and really fast shipping.

I had looked at my main 3 places, Traxxas.com, Amainhobbies.com and Towerhobby and they all had those screws on back order but no worries this morning I found them at walmart.com so they're on the way, will be here thursday!
I'm not giving up that easy lol
View attachment 152680
That looks like Liquid RC that they are coming from. That's an ebay seller.

I don't buy stock replacement screws like that. Way too pricey. I buy individual screw sizes in bulk. But you can also go to Jenny's RC and buy complete screw kits for a lot of different rigs. But even that is really pricey after shipping, when compared to buying individual screws.

On a separate note, this is the Jato throttle linkage just in case anyone needs it while building their project 👍 mine came disassembled without instructions so if yours does too hope this helps...

Screenshot_20220917-080824_Chrome.jpg
71826D6B-A2F0-4681-92D3-0C437319A38A.jpeg

That looks like Liquid RC that they are coming from. That's an ebay seller.

I don't buy stock replacement screws like that. Way too pricey. I buy individual screw sizes in bulk. But you can also go to Jenny's RC and buy complete screw kits for a lot of different rigs. But even that is really pricey after shipping, when compared to buying individual screws.
Yeah this is the most I've ever paid for screws $12 because of shipping, I thought it was ridiculous but I just want to start this project already 😅 I'll definitely keep in mind the places you've mentioned for next time forsure, I was just trying to get them here asap.

On a separate note, this is the Jato throttle linkage just in case anyone needs it while building their project 👍 mine came disassembled without instructions so if yours does too hope this helps...

View attachment 152682View attachment 152683

Yeah this is the most I've ever paid for screws $12 because of shipping, I thought it was ridiculous but I just want to start this project already 😅 I'll definitely keep in mind the places you've mentioned for next time forsure, I was just trying to get them here asap.
Well, that Regan001 on ebay is the fastest shipper I have ever used on there. And Liquid RC is also an ebay seller. They are pretty quick too.

Hmm Idk guys I might have to wait and see how this new tune works out before changing the tranny.
(Still waiting on the mounting screws anyways, they arrive Thursday.)
I wanna see what type of speeds the Magnum 1 speed transmission can reach with the right spur gear and tune before changing it. Today I reach a top speed of 63 mph with a 64 Teeth spur gear and 24 Teeth clutch bell. Tomorrow I will receive the 60 teeth and 58T spur gear along with a few other parts... I believe with the right set up I can reach 70 mph with a 1 speed tranny 👍👍👍
Screenshot_20220918-100650_RC Gears.jpg

Last edited:
So today my engine seized, I'm pretty sure due to running too lean since I was beating on it trying to reach 65mph...
I'm going to refurbish the engine with new rod and piston sleeve but I'm having an issue, I can't seem to move/rotate the fly wheel.
I believe the sleeve edge is scrapping the corners of the wall making it very difficult to move, aside from after oil does anyone know what I'm able to do to have it rotate???
On another note I received some of the screws for the Jato transmission and tomorrow I'm off so I will be sizing up and measuring the holes where I'm going to drill and place the tranny ( Will be uploading pictures tomorrow).

Last edited: