NFL - A bit of a Rant

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Man, I haven't watched the NFL in years, and decided to watch some this season. Things have changed. I have never watched anything with so many commercials. What the hell happened to just continued broadcasting by the guys in the booth? Show some cool replays. No... we get to watch a play or two of football, then 3 minutes of commercials.

Lions and Bucs game has been a great one so far. But NBC... enough with the damn commercials!

Ravens won last night
Next body I'll do ill use black purple and gold
Yeah, that was a good game, except it was a bit one-sided. Ravens are just TOUGH right now.

Man, I haven't watched the NFL in years, and decided to watch some this season. Things have changed. I have never watched anything with so many commercials. What the hell happened to just continued broadcasting by the guys in the booth? Show some cool replays. No... we get to watch a play or two of football, then 3 minutes of commercials.

Lions and Bucs game has been a great one so far. But NBC... enough with the damn commercials!
I actually don't mind all the commercials. This is when I get a chance to do other things(bathroom, snacks, drinks, reply to RCT) to appease my short attention span 😆

Breaking news: Lions going to the NFC championship!!!

Last edited:
I actually don't mind all the commercials. This when I get a chance to do other things(bathroom, snacks, drinks, reply to RCT) to appease my short attention span 😆

Breaking news: Lions going to the AFC championship!!!
Yeah, pretty happy for them actually.

Careful! I remember when the nation was happy for the Patriots when they won their 1st Super Bowl. After their 3rd SB, out of 6, everyone outside of NE hates them 😆
I didn't hate them til old Bill got caught cheating. They were the Colts' rivals, but I didn't really hate them.

I didn't hate them til old Bill got caught cheating. They were the Colts' rivals, but I didn't really hate them.
If you ain't cheatin', you ain't trying! 😆

I'm certain every team tries to do unethical things to gain an advantage(s). Nothing more stupid than deflate gate. Even after these things were "resolved/rectified", the Patriots still kept winning.....until the GOAT parted ways with the team.

If you ain't cheatin', you ain't trying! 😆

I'm certain every team tries to do unethical things to gain an advantage(s). Nothing more stupid than deflate gate. Even after these things were "resolved/rectified", the Patriots still kept winning.....until the GOAT parted ways with the team.
I didn't hate them for cheating. I hated them cause he was dumb enough to get caught 😆

If you only knew the things I machined on IndyCar parts for teams who were not playing fair.

I didn't hate them for cheating. I hated them cause he was dumb enough to get caught 😆

If you only knew the things I machined on IndyCar parts for teams who were not playing fair.
Like I said, every professional sports entity tries to gain an edge, often time skirting the fine lines of cheating. Motorsport is notorious and, of course, performance enhancing drugs. Just watching a single football game, how often do you see illegal things being committed?

I didn't know anyone even watched that stuff anymore. :joyful:
It's not as I remember it. More commercials, less brutality, way more penalties, etc. I liked it a lot better 15 years ago. But I get the whole concussion thing.

RC Car racing should be considered a motorsport. It has a motor init
car ha motor init
people are racing
it a sport

I have a hard time watching any sports on tv. The pwhl has been filling the hockey void as its on youtube with some ads but way less than the nhl. I also don't have to pay to watch ads with hockey inbetween

I have a hard time watching any sports on tv. The pwhl has been filling the hockey void as its on youtube with some ads but way less than the nhl. I also don't have to pay to watch ads with hockey inbetween
I secretly can watch all sports if I want to, ad free, but live games, I sadly have to endure commercials.

@Tunedpipe - you hanging in there? Game is a nail biter.

Last edited:
Back