Next RC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dms70

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. I’m looking for my next RC. I want something I can just use in my yard for bashing around. Something I can take on a trail walk with my dog. I have rock crawlers, and I have a Kraton. Perhaps something like a rock racer, but which one? I’d rather it wasn’t an rtr, because I know I’d want to put much better electronics in it, but I know most are going to be an rtr. I’d want it to handle 3-4s at the minimum, even if it was with modifications. I would like something with good aftermarket support. What do you guys think?

@dms70 first, welcome to RCTalk!

As for your question about another RC, check out the Axial Wraith. Sounds like it might fit the bill on your wants.

I agree with Woodie on the wraith. The electronics that come with the rtr are pretty good. The esc is actually made by castle. They can be set up many different ways and has tons of aftermarket support.

I bought the RTR when it first came out and really like it. I did upgrade to brushless almost immediately as the V1 came with a brushed set up. https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/vtr03013.htm
20140730_173717.jpg