New to nitro need help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bos101

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So i finally decided to get into Nitro rc but i need help, since this is my first nitro car that i will be buying i need some advice. I need to know the best nitro rc truck size 1/8 for up to 400. I narrowed my options to the Savage x 4.6, Associated Gt 4.6 se and Warhead. But which is the best, when it comes to seed, durability and quality?? Thanks for the help!!

I have your answer, and it is none of the above. The best bang for your $400 is going to be the Losi Aftershock! It has a top-notch radio system, it is tough as nails, and it is as close to race-ready as a Monster Truck gets. Add a sway bar kit and you are good to go.

Out of the trucks you listed, the savage is by far the best. But i tend to agree with RC Addict. The Losi Aftershock is a better truck than all of those, it is a bit more expensive but seeing as your price is the 400 range, it wont be a problem. It's just as tough, if not tougher than the savage, but comes with (as stated by RC) a very good radio system, and is good for racing aswell as bashing.

I have the mgt 4.60 and its a great truck really strong easy to start as it has drill start, parts are cheap and easy to get hold of and it looks good 2.;)

While the mgt is a very good truck. I'd still say the better choice is the Aftershock. Not only is it tougher than the other trucks, the radio gear is top of the line, many other rtr packages dont have a very good radio system.

I'd make "seed" less a priority

If you are looking to get into nitro, put durability and quality at the top of your list. You get going too fast and it will only mean more costly repairs when you inevitably tangle with a harder than your car stationary object. Your budget goals are not unreasonable (sorta) to get you up and running but sometimes a few extra dollars up front means quite a bit less down the road. I'd pay attention to the recommendations that weren't on your list. At a minimum, look them up and do a little research to see if they interest you.

Thank you guys for all your help! But today i got a deal on a team Losi Mega Baja, for $410 at a local hobby shop! What do u guys think about the Baja??

They are all good trucks, but I'd stick with whatever your LHS carries the most, to make it easier for spare parts.

So i finally decided to get into Nitro rc but i need help, since this is my first nitro car that i will be buying i need some advice. I need to know the best nitro rc truck size 1/8 for up to 400. I narrowed my options to the Savage x 4.6, Associated Gt 4.6 se and Warhead. But which is the best, when it comes to seed, durability and quality?? Thanks for the help!!

Here ya go : LOSI AFTERSHOCK
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/7328+ Shipping

*You missed out on an SMOKIN' deal here !;)

Last edited:

i GOT MY T-MAXX3.3 BRAND NEW FOR $349. that thing is tough as hell also new to the rc world and hard on my maxx and it took a 40mph crash to brack the front lower arm and bent two shocks. easy fix 20 min. highly recomond a t-maxx 3.3

Yeah, but the Aftershock is only $299.99+shipping right now and it is tough as nails too.;) LOSI RULES !:first_place:

Bos, you made a good choice going with LOSI. And an ever better one by supporting your LHS. Congratulations!

congrats on the truck man you'll see LOSI is awesome!

tried to brake in the truck , was on the 3rd tank driving my car in the circle and bam my car took off, the battery in my receiver died on me, not in the remote. Had to break it with my foot, have huge bruise on it now. Does anyone know a good fail safe. And will a fail safe work when the receiver battery is low, teh remote battery??

heh heh heh...I'm pretty sure you'll find LOTS of information on failsafes in the forum....all over the forum. For future reference...when you post a question, instead refreshing waiting for a response, take a little time to read through the forums at other people's posts. That's right, get down with OPP. I found answers to questions i didn't even know i had. Might have saved you from a boo boo on the foot.

Bos, you made a good choice going with LOSI. And an ever better one by supporting your LHS. Congratulations!

:goodpost:

tried to brake in the truck , was on the 3rd tank driving my car in the circle and bam my car took off, the battery in my receiver died on me, not in the remote. Had to break it with my foot, have huge bruise on it now. Does anyone know a good fail safe. And will a fail safe work when the receiver battery is low, teh remote battery??

YES & here ya go, the best place on the net to get it from.....RCSlot(fast, reliable), TRUST ME !
http://www.rcslot.com/pc-radio-cont...x?query=dynamite+failsafe&submitButtonName=Go

.......and cptvkirk was oh so right on that one !;):D

I know the OFNA micro FS will engage if the voltage of the receiver goes below 4V (or there about). It also engages if your transmitter batteries go dead and creates signal loss. Or if it goes out of range.

Before I went spektrum, that's the FS I used in all my trucks.

I know the OFNA micro FS will engage if the voltage of the receiver goes below 4V (or there about). It also engages if your transmitter batteries go dead and creates signal loss. Or if it goes out of range.

Before I went spektrum, that's the FS I used in all my trucks.

That looks like a prety good FS too and it's only a $1 more than the Dynamite one, which also engages if the RB goes below 4V's.;)

Back