new tires and rims!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exmark93

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
well my emaxx brushless has done the inevitable, its torn the sidewall on the tires. so I'm looking into proline's big joe tires, i was going to mount them on the tec 5 rims but then after looking at my truck i realized that the inside edge of the sidewall is going to rub against the aarms, so to solve this problem i am going to mount then to different rims, traxxas's geode rims to be exact, i just need someone to tell me if the hubs are more negatively offset than the tec 5 rims

I'd have to guess they are at least 1/2 inch offset compared to 0 offset (the tec 5's).

Make sure you buy the right wheel/tire combo though. The beads aren't all the same. Some are buggy type and some are MT type. I'm pretty sure the big joe's use a standard MT bead rim.

Be ready to spend some time balancing those big meats. My buddies BL Maxx handled like crap with those big floppy tires. Traction on any surface was a non issue, but the truck definitely was way more un-stable. You'll probably have to gear down some as well.

really? i really wanted to go with these tire because of the sidewall, its ribbed and very strong, unlike the standard maxx tire sidewall that tends to get holes and tears away from the bead

They were ok once they were balanced. Shoe glue and test line weights is what we used.

Back