New RC what to do

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you

As far as batteries for my tekno , I read online that I needed shorty battery for it ? Is it the case ? Because if so none of those companies are selling shorty.

Yes, that does require a shorty pack. I would get these... but this is the US Amazon.
CNHL 4900mAh 2s Shorty Lipo Battery 7.4V 120C Hard Case with 5mm T Deans Plug for Axial Capra,RC 1/10 Scale Vehicles Car Trucks Boats RC Models(2 Packs) https://a.co/d/4JJI4y3

Last edited:
Well, you can order them from their website... and these are on sale right now.
https://chinahobbyline.com/products...ery-with-ec3-plug?_pos=2&_sid=aef4db2ed&_ss=r

Note: those are high volt LiPo's, so you would charge them to 4.35v per cell rather than 4.2v like standard LiPo's. Storage charge should be around 3.8v per cell.

That one comes with an EC3 plug, so you would need an adapter cable for the Hota to go from XT60 to EC3. So you might grab some Amass brand XT60 and EC3 connectors. Make sure to get Amass brand. Might be a good idea to grab some 10awg silicone power wire as well.

Last edited:
Well, you can order them from their website... and these are on sale right now.
https://chinahobbyline.com/products...ery-with-ec3-plug?_pos=2&_sid=aef4db2ed&_ss=r

Note: those are high volt LiPo's, so you would charge them to 4.35v per cell rather than 4.2v of standard LiPo's. Storage charge should be around 3.8v per cell.

That one comes with an EC3 plug, so you would need an adapter cable for the Hota to go from XT60 to EC3.
To be fair I’ll have to get a little course on how to handle / charge and discharge lipos hahaha because on the internet the way they talk about it you are basically going to burn your whole house down with it

To be fair I’ll have to get a little course on how to handle / charge and discharge lipos hahaha because on the internet the way they talk about it you are basically going to burn your whole house down with iti
If you want my phone number, you can pm me and I will get it to you. Then you can call me and I can explain it all to you. It's safe to charge and store LiPo's as long as you educate yourself a bit. It's daunting to try to understand it all at first, but once you get the basics down, it's a cakewalk.

Other things you might look into is an ammo can and LiPo storage bag to charge your LiPo's in.

Last edited:
Yeah I did order a lipo bag , figured I would need one. I’m going to the military surplus tomorrow to see if they have any ammo crate as well.

But yeah I mean it’s different than the basic ones for sure but I just need to make sure to program the charger correctly and I should be good to go , I also did order 4 batteries for my son so I’ll never be in a hurry to charge

You might also grab a couple 6s balance lead extensions. It's sometimes a pain to plug batteries into your charger without them.

To be fair I’ll have to get a little course on how to handle / charge and discharge lipos hahaha because on the internet the way they talk about it you are basically going to burn your whole house down with it
LiPos can be a serious problem if one of them ever goes in to thermal runaway on you but they are generally safe to use given proper use. 99.9% of the time a LiPo will only become a problem if its overcharged. Sometimes they can fail during discharge too but thats typically when you have 1 cell that developes higher IRs than the other cells. I would suggest you start a "LiPo IR Log". Mark all of your lipo packs so you know which one is which and every time you storage charge it write down in your Log the IRs of all of the cells for that exact pack. Then you can track the health of the LiPos cells that way. At the very least you should keep an eye on the IRs every time you charge and be on the look out for one cell becoming a lot different than the rest.

You might also grab a couple 6s balance lead extensions. It's sometimes a pain to plug batteries into your charger without them.
^^^THIS :)

Pardon my complete lack of knowledge but why do I need 6s leads ? Would I also need 6s battery ? And does my connectors on my 2s work for 6s ? Because I ordered some XT60 ( If I remember correctly) and they are not stated for over 3s

Pardon my complete lack of knowledge but why do I need 6s leads ? Would I also need 6s battery ? And does my connectors on my 2s work for 6s ? Because I ordered some XT60 ( If I remember correctly) and they are not stated for over 3s
I believe he just meant order the appropriate sized balance extensions for your packs that you are using. At least thats what I meant. :)

No, I mean order a 6s lead. Modify the output side connector to accept any lipo, up to 6s of course. Will post pics in a bit.

Okay I’ll have to look it up ! Thanks for the info anyways I ordered the charger today and I won’t get it until end of November sadly haha so I guess I won’t be running it that much this month haha

Okay I’ll have to look it up ! Thanks for the info anyways I ordered the charger today and I won’t get it until end of November sadly haha so I guess I won’t be running it that much this month haha
Did you order off aliexpress or something?

No ordered straight from Amazon with prime but it said that I should be expected the delivery between november 21st and December 4th even with prime.

No ordered straight from Amazon with prime but it said that I should be expected the delivery between november 21st and December 4th even with prime.
That delivery date isnt a prime delivery. Id be calling them and asking them WTF?! lol. There are vendors on amazon that ship from China which is what that delivery date would be.

To be fair I just clicked on the link that someone said was the right one and ordered , I didn’t even check where it was shipping from

Yeah, I never looked where it was shipping from either. You could probably just order that charger from aliexpress and get the same delivery date, and save a lot of money.

I'd cancel that order if you can get it cheaper at aliexpress. Like if I order from racedayquads it's $118. If I order from aliexpress it's $80.

Yeah well I just cancelled and reorder and payed extra for shipping should get it next week

Yeah well I just cancelled and reorder and payed extra for shipping should get it next week
That is probably coming from aliexpress dude. Go to aliexpress and see what you can get it for with fastest shipping. There are lots of sellers on aliexpress, so shop around. But I am betting you can get it for a lot less than that there.

Back