New RC what to do

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never used aliexpress lol always thought it was garbage ? Is it not ? Haha
I mean how can the same charger be like 130$ on aliexpress while it’s like 250$ on Amazon , how is this not a fake / scam ?

Last edited:
I never used aliexpress lol always thought it was garbage ? Is it not ? Haha
I mean how can the same charger be like 130$ on aliexpress while it’s like 250$ on Amazon , how is this not a fake / scam ?
Because Amazon charges sellers a percentage, so everything on Amazon is marked up a bit.

You have to look at the seller rating on aliexpress, just like on ebay. And it takes awhile for stuff to get to you. But like I have two orders coming from aliexpress right now. They both made it out of China in a reasonable amount of time, but once they hit US customs, the packages came to a screaching halt. One has been sitting in Chicago for almost 10 days now 🤬

But it is best to order stuff you aren't in a hurry on from there. You can find some killer deals on there, and as long as you pay with Paypal, you have nothing to worry about. A Paypal claim will get you a refund if there are issues. One piece of advice, before you open a package from China, have a camera handy and take lots of pics or video while opening the box. If you do have to file a claim, it will help a bunch.

okay well I did order from amazon on express shipping , just to make sure to get it close to when I would receive my cars.
Now I am waiting on an answer from CHNL as far as if I order directly from them , will I need to pay for border taxes and stuff like that since they only have some in the US warehouse and not the canada one

okay well I did order from amazon on express shipping , just to make sure to get it close to when I would receive my cars.
Now I am waiting on an answer from CHNL as far as if I order directly from them , will I need to pay for border taxes and stuff like that since they only have some in the US warehouse and not the canada one
I don't know about Canadian customs, but here, anything under (I think) $600 or so is not subject to customs fees.

I'll have to look it up hahaha ,

if not there a RC shop a couple hours away from me that sell some SMC Shorty , I saw that those were really good as well , I might go that route.

Yeah I just wish I could get some of the brands that you guys can get in the US over in canada at a decent price lol ..... most of them here are priced way high and that's when you even can get some because most of the brands that were mentionned I couldn't get my hands on them.

Out of curiosity I looked up the Canadian import rules - ouch
You're good up to the whopping amount of $20 (Canadian dollars).

Yeah we Canadian do love our friggin taxes hahahah I’m pretty sure that if they could tax me on my taxes they would

I am a little late, but for beginners who have 0 experience I think slash 2wd is the best car. You can use it for both bashing and racing. Obviously it's not going to be competitive unless you race spec slash class, but it's enough to get you going and to learn basics how to drive.

If he never raced, I can't imagine that he will have good experience with mod tekno. I have tekno eb410 13.5t, and it's ballistic, not for beginners.

Really good channel about racing is roach rc.on YouTube

I am a little late, but for beginners who have 0 experience I think slash 2wd is the best car. You can use it for both bashing and racing. Obviously it's not going to be competitive unless you race spec slash class, but it's enough to get you going and to learn basics how to drive.

If he never raced, I can't imagine that he will have good experience with mod tekno. I have tekno eb410 13.5t, and it's ballistic, not for beginners.

Really good channel about racing is roach rc.on YouTube
His kid will be driving the Rustler. Krimy will drive the Tekno.

Plus I think he already ordered the kit cuz he wanted something he could build from the ground up.

yeah I'm getting everything in tomorrow hahah , I mean I do enjoy a steep learning curve hahaha , It makes it way more interesting hahah

Let me know how the build goes with the tekno truggy. Been looking at it and a couple short course trucks. Also another thing with the build you can create a build thread in the rc garage/projects area.

Yeah I wanted to make one once I get all of the parts here , basically taking a picture of everything , at different steps of the build.
Make sure you start a build thread in the RC Garage forum. Then we can not only be entertained but then you can get your Build Thread Contributor badge too :)

Will do hehe ! I'll try to make it as entertaining as possible hahaha !