New Member, need help with repairing RC car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Were you driving in snow or rain? It sounds like you may have some issue with the receiver, it's really hard to tell
I tried that button but still no change. No I wasn't driving in any snow or rain. I probably just need to take it to a hobby shop but I'm on a farm so I don't go to town regularly.
Can I open up the receiver? Or is there nothing I can do in there?

Last edited:
I tried that button but still no change. No I wasn't driving in any snow or rain. I probably just need to take it to a hobby shop but I'm on a farm so I don't go to town regularly.
Can I open up the receiver? Or is there nothing I can do in there?
It's just a case, there is nothing special inside that you can do. Have you moved connectors? Channel one should be servo and channel 2 esc. Black wire on the right when plugged in.

Does servo/steering works when you turn it on?

It sounds like your esc is fine. The receiver seems to be dead, and that is not uncommon. Receivers die sometimes. Fortunately, you can get another receiver for around $9 USD. Look on Amazon. That would be my first step, because the GR3E receiver will light up the LED and it will flash when there is no radio signal to it, regardless if it is bound or if your esc is calibrated.

That button on the esc is to program it. Not knowing which esc that is, you'd have to do some looking around to find the manual for it to know how to program it. But a lot of them are typically the same. If you look at esc's on banggood.com, you'll likely find that esc. Then you can hunt for the manual for it on google. So since it should already be programmed, I'd avoid pushing that button til you know the procedure, as you could inadvertently reset everything, then need to find the manual to reset it.

Edit...
I think that ESC is the Reely H0050. I did a quick search for the manual and found this...

Attachments

• manual-1365360-reely-h0050-spare-part-dart-speed-controller.pdf
    200.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
It's just a case, there is nothing special inside that you can do. Have you moved connectors? Channel one should be servo and channel 2 esc. Black wire on the right when plugged in.

Does servo/steering works when you turn it on?
Okay, yes I moved the connectors and they are in the positions you mentioned. No steering is also dead. Thanks.
It sounds like your esc is fine. The receiver seems to be dead, and that is not uncommon. Receivers die sometimes. Fortunately, you can get another receiver for around $9 USD. Look on Amazon. That would be my first step, because the GR3E receiver will light up the LED and it will flash when there is no radio signal to it, regardless if it is bound or if your esc is calibrated.

That button on the esc is to program it. Not knowing which esc that is, you'd have to do some looking around to find the manual for it to know how to program it. But a lot of them are typically the same. If you look at esc's on banggood.com, you'll likely find that esc. Then you can hunt for the manual for it on google. So since it should already be programmed, I'd avoid pushing that button til you know the procedure, as you could inadvertently reset everything, then need to find the manual to reset it.

Edit...
I think that ESC is the Reely H0050. I did a quick search for the manual and found this...
Yes it's probably the receiver which is not working. That Feely H0050 looks like this one yes. I live on a farm 600km from the hobby store and do not go much to the capital city so if I go there sometime I would just take the whole RC car so that they can fix it. I was hoping it was an easy fix without parts but anyways thanks everyone for all their help and advice.

Last edited:
I was hoping it was an easy fix without parts but anyways thanks everyone for all their help and advice.
I would at least try replacing the receiver. That is an easy swap, and all you have to do to bind the new one is install it, power on the car, hold the bind button on transmitter, and power on the transmitter. Plus they are dirt cheap.

Quick question - did the RC get wet?

I would at least try replacing the receiver. That is an easy swap, and all you have to do to bind the new one is install it, power on the car, hold the bind button on transmitter, and power on the transmitter. Plus they are dirt cheap.

Quick question - did the RC get wet?
No, I didn't get the RC wet. Do you get waterproof receivers?

No, I didn't get the RC wet. Do you get waterproof receivers?
You can easily take most receivers apart and use a product called conformal coating, which will waterproof the board. Then use dielectric grease on the prongs where the connectors plug in. That will make them pretty waterproof. But driving any RC car in water will cause lots of issues like rust and corrosion, so I never do it. My kiddo however will aim for the mud puddles 😜

Hi everyone, I'm a new member here, I'm Chris. I joined the forum because I need some help repairing a RC car, I was hoping here is some RC mechanics on the fourm that may want to help me. The RC car is: VRX Racing Sword, it is probably a chinese brand. The problem is when I turn on the remote and then the car itself, there is usually two lights that come on the car but now there is only one and then it also dies after 2 seconds. Nothing responds. There is also a light flashing on the remote. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. I can provide photos and videos too if needed. Thanks again.
Is it gas or electric
Is it gas or electric
If its electric I had the same problem on my Slash You need to use a different battery

If its electric I had the same problem on my Slash You need to use a different battery
I'm curious, if youve already bought a slash once then why would you need to start a thread asking where to buy a Slash?