New Losi tenacity DB pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pic ;)
20200919_152619.jpg

A year and 1 day from starting this post, I finally pulled the trigger and am a proud owner of the tenacity dB pro Lucas oil body! I’ll be going back and rereading the posts to see what is needed and what to watch our for. DX5C remote with ”smart tech” and 2 ST 3S Lipos so should be able to use all the new tech spektrum has out. ?

Well the chassis braces for the SCTE do not fit our Tenacity buggies. I bought STrc aluminum braces for the SCTE and they don't fit.
But...
I installed the DE mudflaps, aluminum rear hubs, front spindles (front knuckles are sold out EVERYWHERE), Traxxas waterproof receiver box, Savox 1210Sg servo, power RC clamping horn, steering assembly bearings, premounted proline badlands and RPM skid plates do fit.
I'm stoked at the difference in the steering and the tires!

hi... is this the DER-110-LT mud guards?

Off topic kinda, I've been out of the hobby a while and i dont know the story of losi. Losi still designs the stuff or are they out of it all together?

I know horizon owns losi now or the name or what ever but losi still designs the stuff correct?

Off topic kinda, I've been out of the hobby a while and i dont know the story of losi. Losi still designs the stuff or are they out of it all together?

I know horizon owns losi now or the name or what ever but losi still designs the stuff correct?
I am pretty sure they still design their own stuff.

After tons of reading/research because that's what I do. I ordered my Fox DB Pro yesterday. Hoping to have it for the weekend. Thanks for all the posts/info shared. Looking forward to learning/tinkering with it.

On a side note anyone have know where I can get the rear mud guards? The DER-110-10 seem out of stock or discontinued everywhere. The only ones I can find are the 110LT's for the 8ight-T. Will these fit?

Aside from those I plan on doing the bearing upgrade in the steering assembly.

Does anyone have a recommended tool setup to start with. Also, what oils, grease, cleaners are needed? Thanks in advance.

I love my TT Pro, however I’ve very disappointed in the lack of hop up pats for it. It’s even getting hard to find the parts from other Losi vehicles that fit it as hop ups.

I love my TT Pro, however I’ve very disappointed in the lack of hop up pats for it. It’s even getting hard to find the parts from other Losi vehicles that fit it as hop ups.
what exactly do you feel the need to upgrade?

I've done the tires, and the servo/horn. Very happy with the truck. I even race it now and then. It handles like a dream, I'm not sure what you would change unless you got into serious racing, at which point you may as well have bought a race kit.

what exactly do you feel the need to upgrade?

I've done the tires, and the servo/horn. Very happy with the truck. I even race it now and then. It handles like a dream, I'm not sure what you would change unless you got into serious racing, at which point you may as well have bought a race kit.
Basically all the parts that E-Fanatic did that are available for the other Losi cars. You can’t hardly even find those parts. Try finding an aluminum motor mount. I was lucky to snag one one EBay. They were gone a month ago or so.

Basically all the parts that E-Fanatic did that are available for the other Losi cars. You can’t hardly even find those parts. Try finding an aluminum motor mount. I was lucky to snag one one EBay. They were gone a month ago or so.
COVID plays a large part in parts availability. If factories are shut down due to COVID restrictions they can't make parts for our “toys” or anything else. We’ve seen the effect in the auto industry for sure.

Anyone heard of issues with using ic3 batteries with the adaptor in our ic5 equipped vehicles?

COVID plays a large part in parts availability. If factories are shut down due to COVID restrictions they can't make parts for our “toys” or anything else. We’ve seen the effect in the auto industry for sure.
I agree, but it was a problem even before that.

I think you need an adapter to go from ic3 to ic5.

I agree, but it was a problem even before that.

I think you need an adapter to go from ic3 to ic5.
Thanks. I thought I had read it was better to not use the adapter. Either way need to pick one up because my batteries are IC3.

Anyone heard of issues with using ic3 batteries with the adaptor in our ic5 equipped vehicles?
The adapter will not hurt your electronics and any difference in power will not be seen or felt. You will be good. IMHO.

Not sure why I ever had reservations on this buggy. “Foxzilla” is its name. Ran it for about 5 mins when I got home. Stupid fast on 2s. My kids were floored. Need to replace steering bushings with bearings as recommended. Can’t wait to push it harder.
What are diff fluid recommendations?

Not sure why I ever had reservations on this buggy. “Foxzilla” is its name. Ran it for about 5 mins when I got home. Stupid fast on 2s. My kids were floored. Need to replace steering bushings with bearings as recommended. Can’t wait to push it harder.
What are diff fluid recommendations?
Is a great rig. I’m still running stock. I believe it’s discussed in this thread. 7-10-7 ? Scroll back for exact.