NEW lid from HPI

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
http://www.hpiracing.com/press/107201.html

107201_002m.jpg

WOW, gotta' have it

Last edited:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HpmlIDIXPs&feature=related"]eastbound and down-jerry reed - YouTube[/ame]

There's some pretty nice on-road bodies out there. Makes me want to build a couple of on-road cars just to use the bodies.

Too bad it won't fit my one on-road chassis.....

It's Trigger!!! This body is motivation to give on road a try

Hard to believe, but THAT lid just might be what it takes to replace my Saleen S7R.
I've already got those wheels on it. Just have to do them in gold.

s7c.jpg

Last edited:
The wheels are close, Rolex, but no Cigar. They're neither the stock Pontiac "Honeycomb" wheels from Trigger or the gold BBS Lace from the Son of Trigger. Sorry to shatter you dream.

Oh man thats my dream car... Looks like that itch to pick up a HPI sprint 2 drift just got stronger.

One of these days if I ever get the money I want a drifter....If I ever do a drifting kit....that body is going on it.....no doubt about it.

I have drifting tires that will fit but I'll only use them to fish tail through turns. :p:
If ya ain't fish tailin, ya ain't really drivin. :trout:

Drifting a trans am? Really? :nono:

What's wrong with that? Have you seen the movie, Bandit was all over the place in that thing. Might have had something to do with the epic stache obscuring his vision though :hehe:

Since it's kinda on topic, I want a Year One Bandit. Modern suspension, brakes, and amenities, with engine options up to 700+ HP. Yeah baby!

0j3wb.jpg

U would sure need an upgraded motor because although the car is sweeeeeeetttt, it was a guttless wonder. Probably like 185hp if that. BOAT ANCHOR!!!!!!!!

U would sure need an upgraded motor because although the car is sweeeeeeetttt, it was a guttless wonder. Probably like 185hp if that. BOAT ANCHOR!!!!!!!!

are you referring to the 6.6 liter that was in the T/A?

"The base model Firebird came equipped with the OHC inline-6 and a single-barrel carburetor. The next model, the Sprint, had a four-barrel carburetor, developing 215 hp (160 kW). Most buyers opted for one of the V8 engines: the 326 CID (5.3 L) with a two-barrel carburetor producing 250 hp (186 kW); the "H.O." (High Output) engine of the same displacement, but with a four-barrel carburetor and producing 285 hp (213 kW); or the 400 CID (6.6 L) from the GTO with 325 hp"

Last edited:
are you referring to the 6.6 liter that was in the T/A?

"The base model Firebird came equipped with the OHC inline-6 and a single-barrel carburetor. The next model, the Sprint, had a four-barrel carburetor, developing 215 hp (160 kW). Most buyers opted for one of the V8 engines: the 326 CID (5.3 L) with a two-barrel carburetor producing 250 hp (186 kW); the "H.O." (High Output) engine of the same displacement, but with a four-barrel carburetor and producing 285 hp (213 kW); or the 400 CID (6.6 L) from the GTO with 325 hp"

i just cannot believe the 6.6 401.902 ci v8 in the 79 Trans Am was 325hp