New HPI Nitro King MT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frickenjoey

Official RCNT Cyber-Bully
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just pulled this directly from the HPI site...maybe you guys have seen it before...I don't know, just not feeling it for this truck.

The Nitro Monster King 4X4 is a true-to-scale monster truck that features nitro power and full-time 4WD. Based on the popular HPI Wheely King platform, we've added the thrills and sounds of nitro power to create a medium-sized monster truck that can go from car crushing stadium monster truck action to fun off-road bashing. The Nitro Monster King 4X4 is the ultimate combination of true-to-scale monster truck looks and high-flying nitro monster truck action! And with reliable nitro power you can just add more fuel to keep running as long as you want!

The Nitro Monster King 4X4 is great for the show-and-go crowd - fat chrome wheels hold 5.4" all-terrain Mud Thrasher monster truck tires, and the aluminum alloy Twin Vertical Plate (TVP) chassis features a design that looks just like the real monster trucks you've enjoyed watching! Front and rear solid axles feature pivot joints and a realistic multi-link monster truck suspension for easy driving and control!

It's not just about its good looks - the Nitro Monster King 4X4 lives up to its name from the second you pull the trigger! With its strong T-15L engine and solid-axle 4WD drive train, the Nitro Monster King 4X4 blasts through twisty terrain or down the street... with the realistic sound of its T-15L nitro engine powering all four wheels.

chassis.jpg

The Nitro Monster King is the first-ever true scale NITRO monster truck, and features awesome wheelie action with every pull of the trigger! With perfectly balanced weight distribution and a rear wheelie bar, easy controlled wheelies are part of the action every time you drive the Nitro Monster King! Watch it drive long stretches with its wheels in the air, or give it a bit of juice out of the corners to see it pop a wheelie!

Just Like The Real Thing!
The Nitro Monster King is great for the show-and-go crowd - fat chrome wheels hold 5.4" Mud Thrasher monster truck tires, and the suspension design looks just like the real monster trucks you love to watch! The front and rear solid axles feature pivot joints and a realistic multi-link monster truck suspension for easy driving and control, plus the ultimate scale look! Topping off the Nitro Monster King is a painted and trimmed monster truck body, mounted on adjustable body mounts that allow you to fit all kinds of fun and exciting bodies. It all adds up to a great kit and hours of enjoyment!

The Nitro Monster King is not just about its good looks, though - it will give you tons of fun and excitement every time you pull the trigger! The Nitro Star T-15L engine with its cool rear exhaust pipes will make all the noise while the truck itself provides all the exciting looks!

What's with those front tires? Reminds me of playschool hard plastic... can't imagine that engine is going to run very cool, considering it's laying down and getting very little air flow.

That said, one purpose, WHEELIE!

do some google. There's a reason behind the weird front tires. I dont' care for the look of them but they have their purpose. At any rate, I'm sure it handles like crap and it's gonna take more heat than any new rig in recent memory but I bet it's fun as hell to bash if you're a nitro lover. I'd love to get one. $310 @ Tower

What ever happened to this!? This is the first I'm hearing about it! I was going to purchase a Savage X

I am pretty sure it died out.....I never even saw one in the stores.

I owned one of these, I know why they are not around anymore....LOL, they were trash, i may have gotten 2 hours of playtime out of mine and everything started falling to poop, i think i actually still have it packed up somewhere, if anyone is interested in it let me know ill go hunting for it, not sure what shape its in now after 4 years of being in storage.

So i found this truck.......and it actually fired right up.....even with all the busted up parts it still ran around (after some tuning of course) i guess it hadnt been four years i bought it right after they came out.......still seems to run good but the tems run about 270 to 300, if i remember correctly it was pretty snappy not much on speed...will probably sell it if anyone is interested.....i can't post in the classifieds yet....i guess because i havent been here 3 months.

how many parts does the hobby shop keep in stock? or my be it doesn't break? i think that the hobby shop is at least as important as the rc.

They never really caught on Moe. I never saw on in person. I think more people passed on them. I bet parts is going to be really hard to find for them soon....hobby shops I doubt will have many parts if any.

Wanna trade it for a rc10gt? Complete minus a drill to start it? Got an old megatech .16 for it too.;)

So i found this truck.......and it actually fired right up.....even with all the busted up parts it still ran around (after some tuning of course) i guess it hadnt been four years i bought it right after they came out.......still seems to run good but the tems run about 270 to 300, if i remember correctly it was pretty snappy not much on speed...will probably sell it if anyone is interested.....i can't post in the classifieds yet....i guess because i havent been here 3 months.

still have nitro king?
il buy it!
pm me or txt/call me @ 614-three 0 six-8 two nine 1

sorry guys, sold it soon after this post.

Back