New Futaba 1/8th Buggy Servo!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBlazer

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
futaba.gif

Well Ladies and Gents Futaba has released their new servo for off road buggies the S9351.

futaba_s9351_copyright-rcworld.jpg

SPECS

Speed @ 6V .15
Torque @ 6V 180
Size 1.6 x .8 x 1.4
Weight 2.00 oz

Source: http://www.futaba-rc.com/

doesn't sound too bad but whats the price tag?

later

Sweet, when my S9350 dies that one will be my upgrade.

Maxx Trooper said:
doesn't sound too bad but whats the price tag?

later

I am sure it will be in the $80-100 range but we will see very soon. As of now I just checked servocity.com and they are not listing it yet.

Hobby Outlet seems to be selling it for about $150 bucks-ouch. Not worth it yet. Maybe servocity will have it at a more reasonable price.

Last edited:
OUCH is when your lhs rips you a new one and charges you $150 for the S9350. About two days after getting it I joined this site, and I have learned so much about where to buy stuff. servocity.com for me next time.

Ouch once for not being part of this site and Ouch the second time for paying that much for a S9350!!

100 bones for a servo? damm ill stay with hi tec servos.

humbolt your avaitar is that al pichiono's hand from scare face when he was sitting in the tub

you ask... I answer

Nitro_Freak said:
what does coreless mean?? thanks

from Futaba's website...

Coreless motor

In a conventional servo, the motor has a steel core armature wrapped in wire that spins inside the magnets. In a coreless design, the armature uses a thin wire mesh that forms a cup that spins around the outside of the magnet eliminating the heavy steel core. A coreless motor does not have magnets as standard servo motors do, so they have a smoother, more constant, and stronger action. Regular servo motors have either 3 or 5 magnets (poles) which when the armature is between these, the servo motor is at its weakest.

Maskale said:
Sweet, when my S9350 dies that one will be my upgrade.

Err.... the 9350 wont DIE on you, and I would keep that over a 9351.

I run a 9451, and love the speed, and there's MORE than enough torque imo. I'd try a 9350 but wouldn't bother with 9351 (ie even more torque and even less speed)

guys you dont need that much torque for 1/8 buggy steering, the idea with digitals is they have much higher holding power, and you can run faster servos with less torque because back in the day torque used to help make up for the lack of holding power.

I can see why you'd use a 9351 in a race t-maxx or savvy, but for these little speedsters, a fast servo will make more difference.

I hope that makes sense.
-uDi

Man, that's some sick torque... good speed too. Looks to be a nice servo. I'm not sure if you'd need that much torque, but hey, why not, at least you could rest assured that you had nothing to worry about in that department. Nice find Humboldt.