ECX Enters the 1/8 Buggy Market

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SchrodeMode

Hardcore RCTalk User
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ECX is now in the 1/8 scale buggy market with their Revenge Type E. If their buggy is as good as their previous rigs, it'll be a great beginner/budget basher. Of course it's not as "fancy" looking as some of the higher end buggies, but for a $400 RTR 1/8 scale buggy, I think it looks good. I put some specs and other info below, what do y'all think?

"True" 1/8th 130A ESC (2S–4S compatible) with 4-pole, 550-size motor
Affordable price allows entry level enthusiasts the opportunity to experience 1/8-scale action without settling for lower quality platforms
4WD Performance and handling of all wheel drive
DX2E 2.4GHz radio system with waterproof SR200 Receiver
RTR setup
Bulletproof chassis with full ball bearings, oil-filled shocks and Dynamite® SpeedTreads™ wheels and tires
Engineered to appeal to entry level enthusiasts who don't want any hassles and simply want to go big and fast
Dynamite Fuze™ 130A waterproof ESC with high-current EC3™ connector (2S–4S Li-Po compatible)
Waterproof, high-torque Dynamite steering servo

Length: 19.1 in (485mm)
Width: 12.1 (309mm)
Wheelbase: 12.7 in (323mm)
Weight: 6.7 lbs (3039g)
Chassis: 3mm plate 6061-T6 aluminum
Motor or Engine: 550 4 pole Non-Sensored Brushless
Radio: DX2E
Wheel Size: 3.21 in (81.5mm)
Shock Type: 12mm aluminum oil filled

10.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

Found a video,

[ame]http://youtu.be/rlKCUy7sHBU[/ame]

Last edited:
Its a good looking buggy. 130A, mmeehhh. Almost looked like it was nose heavy for some reason though.

I just noticed that they have a Nitro version, so they not only made the move to 1/8 scale but they jumped into the nitro scene as well. The nitro version is looking like $350 RTR, with a Dynamite .21 engine.

8.jpg

9.jpg

Back