new engine but wat?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lillightingboy21

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i want a new engine for my lightning but wat engine? iwant it to be fast but long lasting duable engine? wat should i get and how much is it?help please
thanx slick nick

I would suggest an Ofna Hyper 8 Port. They are tough to break it but once you do it will fly. Check TowerHobbbies. They are around $150ish.

i got a picco in mine with a 18t cb..

how much you willing to spend ? a jp modifed easily run ya 500+ bucks

no I'm not gonna spend that much because i dont have a job but I'm proubly gonna spend like around 150

does the ofna 8 port make a big diff?

picco.. the 8 port is much more finiky to tune and break in.. the picco is pure power, it is a buit finiky but not as bad as a 8 port

check the XTM 24.7 too, i have one in my maxx and it flys + easy break-in, and not that hard to tune.

bryan

I too would suggest the Ofna Hyper 8 port, but with an OS 20E carb. Break it in with the stock carb, then throw the OS on it. You will see a huge difference in this mill...

Well since everyone is tossing in engines heeh - RB WS7II or C5

i have a ws7II getting pull mod, plan to use it in my savage cause i hate the picco in it and my 8 port is dying that i have in it at the moment... but it will be broke in on my lightning... :)

I've had 21bb, 8 port with os carb, picco all in the buggy... so far it is the only thing i like the picco in.... but it has a 18t cb to make it insane fast...

Last edited:
hey crsmp5 tell me how it works for u, i want to get one of them soon.

bryan

well i paid 260 shipped for a new engine, ebay all new pull start stuff for 32 shipped, and just need to ship the crank to guy a hr away, smokey, with a 50$ bill to get drilled... just keep lacking time to ship the crank.....

cmon man pull it together, ship the damn thing out so u can get ur engine running!!!!!:redbuggy:

bryan

still lack time to break it in too.... need to get ofna starter box yet, i refuse to break it in with the pull start cause the pinch is insane..... main reason I'm breaking it in on the buggy vs savage....

well hell, u can send it too me and i will do it for free!!:radio: u can do it with the pull start just take and loosen the glow plug a little bit and then when the engine starts and is running tighten it back down. i had to do it with my XTM 24.7 because i couldnt pull the damn pull start without the glowplug loose.

bryan

when i say insane, i mean big pliers to get full turn over of it... will require heat, starter box and screw blisters thats simpler... :)

lol, that bad eh? man that engine must be a beast. do u got a link to where i can pick one up?

bryan

i got mine new in box from guy getting out of rc.... ebay best I've seen was 290 including shipping

Back