New custom DX8 skin

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
New Custom Skin for my DX8. I'm lovin' this thing!
IMG_20141112_140801_088.jpg

Looks good. Where did you get the skin? I was thinking of something like that for my Futaba 4PLS just to add some flash.

A guy I found selling custom skins on ebay. I think he only does air radios though...If you want some cool 4PL/PLS skins check out CowRC.com, He has several designs to choose from...I have one on my 4PL...although I'm not very good at putting them on. lol :)

893319_497527326961086_1243307585_o.jpg

I like good skins on my radio just so they're different from everyone else's. I have a nice Carbon fiber skin on my DX3s.

I like skins a lot too. I need to redo the one on my 4Pl though...apparently Heath said you have to use a heatgun when applying them so they stretch a bit to cover the area they go in fully. I didnt know that when I did mine. In fact I wish I could find a good video walkthrough so I can see just how someone else did it. Maybe I'll practice doing one on my GT3B and then make a video of how to do it on my 4Pl once I get the hang of it. :)

A guy on ebay named JSTER171. He doesn't have any current links up...the one he had up there has expired. you could always send him a message. He had lots of different designs and different colors too although I dont think he had any skin templates for anything but teh DX8.

I think I've got just about every mod i could possibly do to my DX8 I know its hard to tell but I even replaced the orange LEDs inside with red ones. It still looks fairly orange in teh picture because the plastic piece is still orange but in person it totally looks 100% red. You guys let me know if there are any more mods that you know of that I could do to it

IMGd_7405.jpg

Btw, if anyone ever thinks about taking the rubber grips off of the sides and teh back and spray them with a coat of plasti-dip to change the color of them....DONT! I tried it and the plasti-dip had some sort of weird reaction with the rubber and ruined it. I had to shell out about $30 to repalce all of the grips o_O

I need the switch bezels in orange for my DX7. I'd also like the sticks. Are the trim switches available, also?
I need a link to where you got it.

I found a place that sells aluminum trim switches but they are silver only unfortunately.

I found 2 different versions of the orange beizels. Version 1 and Version 2.

I only found 2 different sticks that are orange. 24mm and 34mm.

Here are the black switch condoms I used also.

Thanks @WoodiE

I think I posted this somewhere else also but just in case Heres the link to the website for the guy that made my skin. He told me he can currently do DX8 and DX6i and hes looking for ways to get his hands on other radios long enough to make templates for them so he may be able to do others in the future. He has a bunch of different designs in different colors.

http://www.stickitdesigns.com/

Greywolf, I glad that you found the switch bezels for your radio. BTW looking good.

Yeah I tend to get carried away with the bling sometimes...I think I might be related to Rolex but on the side of the family that wears their pants. :p

There's no scroll wheel on mine. That's only on the DX7s. I have the DX7.

I just ordered both. The version 2 bezels and the 34mm sticks. Beautiful. Thank you very much.
(Bite me wolfie boy)

4a.jpg

I just put the orange bezels on the radio and they look really beautiful. Unfortunately, the sticks don't even come close to fitting.
The stock sticks are threaded, and these have a hole larger than the threaded shaft and small grub screws. No way they were made for the DX7.