New Computer!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AC48

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok heres the story: My grandmother got a new computer a few months ago. The problem was that see got sent and charged for two of them. She wanted to send the extra back but not before she got her money back. Sony never did give her money back so my dad decided to split the cost and give me the extra computer as an early christmas present. I'm very excited, I get it ths Wednesday!!!

Its a Sony Viao Laptop with the new Intel Centrino (sp?). I don't know all the specifics on its stats but I know it is a very good computer. It is a different model but is similar in specs to this one:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=product&id=1083713857888&skuId=6710972

Aren't you the lucky 16 year old sporting the new laptop at school.... Don't drop it.... LOL

I'm not gunna take this thing to school, crap gets stolen all the time in my school. And it would suck very bad if I drop it. That wouldn't even be funny!

you could always sell it....to me. Lol Congrats on the Laptop. Always wanted to buy a Sony Vaio.

Yeah, I've wanted one for a long time...finnaly... I'll sell it to you for 4,000$ lol

I got the new computer toaday!!!! In fact I posted this from it. It's a really awsome computer.

My father in law has one of those Its awsome. Do you have the dvd burner?

Nice, I too just got a laptop...dell 8600. They're great for travelling. When I went to Oklahoma last week I was on the computer for almost the entire flight. And with an extra battery, I don't need to worry about not being able to use it.

what's the official stats on the computer?

Intel Centrino
Pentium M @ 1.6 Ghz
60 Gig HD
512 Ram
DVD player/CD Burner

I think thats right, thats what the system info says anyway. A DVD burner would be cool but my dad has had on for a while and we still havn't even used it yet so one on my isn't really necessary. I don't have 2 batteries but supposedly mine will last 7 hours on the battery. No too bad considering my old one lasted 40 minutes.

BTW, it is not the one in the link, its a different model but it has pretty similar stats/price.

This thing is awsome!!!

Last edited:
Went to Best Buy today and got a wireless optical mouse. I saw a few wireless routers but haven't picked one up yet. That's all I have left to get until I'm completely wireless posting on RCNT! :D