New chargers (to me) need serious help (late80's??)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lykan

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Okay I ran into some electric cars at a yard sale. All I have ever had were the stick 7.2's and the peak quick chargers with no trickle. This is what I have now. I have no idea what I am doing.

The vbatterys are nicad saddle packs (6 cell sub c's)

I have a "Traxxas max-peak II fet"
This one has a MaH dial, a start button and charge/trickle lights.

I have no idea where to set the MaH dial. It has
250Mah 500Mah 1200Mah, and max.
I dont know if this dial sets the trickle rate, or the charge rate. I dont know where to set it either.

I also have a Novak Peak detection charger
This has a start button, a 4.5 amp seting and a 3.5 amp setting it is fairly simple but I don t know which one to use on that either.

Now onto the complicated stuff hehheheh
I have a Power box I suppose you would call it. It looks very well made, but definetaly homemade.

It has a a motor test slot With a potentiometer so I can plug in my motrs, and vary the speed to check them out. It has two 12volt outputs so I can hook up my chargers.

It then has 5 battery connections. I opened up th box and they are labeled on the inside. they also have leds

#1 80 mil; green led
#2 80 mil; green led
#3 110 mil; Yellow led
#4 110 mil; Yellow led
#5 210 mil; Red Led

the mil may possibly read miv, I can;t tell if he wronte an L or V next to the leads.

I know the batterys hook up to these but no idea what for LOL trickle, or fast charge.

Then there is one more box it has a Din plug. you plug in the cable, and it has pigtails. One with it looks like a TX charger port. The other two are battery ports, and it has an ampmeter on top. This box also has the yellow gren red led one for each charge lid.

If anyone can enlighten me on any of this I would sure appreciate it. Even if you just know about a particukalr item, and not the rest I would sure appreciate your help..

thanks.

Unfotunetaly it will be a day or two before I can get pics. Just keep putting off the camera so I can get more R/C parts :D

When I do Ill get pics of the inside of the boxes too..

Back