New charger and batteries

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexander_0_1

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads"
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
:angry:so I picked up a MERV and I'm in the dark as to what charger and battery combo to go with:

So far I'm set on ordering 2s and 3s lipo (pairs)
I also want a charger that charges both in a short about of time 2hrs?

There is a lot of reading in the existing threads, but nothing swayed my decision in choosing a good charger!

Last edited:
Ok even better, what's a good charger then, can I get one that charges under an hr, and hooks up to my truck (half ton)

Do.they.make.lipo.chargers.that.can.be.powered.by.a.half ton.truck?
If so is there a good brand to consider?

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Thanks for the answer non crimon.., you replied in micros and minis

Once again a-main has blown my mind with the selection
Looking for a dual/quad battery charger, should work with 3s for now, and preferably fast charging!

I'm also open to battery suggestions....I'm hoping for 3s with a high mAH

Most of the chargers made to date can charge up to 6s easily. You are more limited by current output of the power supply. Also remember that it isn't really good for the battery to fast charge it all the time. The max charge rate that most of the serious racers use at the track I go to is 2s. Personally I charge at 1s.

Slower longer charging doesn't burn out the lipo pack got it!

How much do you want to spend on a charger, and would you consider used or new only?

New mini Rig, new batteries! Extra parts! At this point if its new a new charger I'm not as terrified as 2days ago!....but I wouldn't shy away from a deal if it can be had

---------- Post added at 6:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:22 PM ----------

^^ha....that answered nothing....200?^^

I think I've found my lipo cells:
SMC 11.1V 6500mAh 70C traxxas, might order a pair but not sure on the charger...still

^^unless you guys think ill burn something up....i.e magic smoke!

Those will probably not fit in the chassis. I run Venom 1300 mAH 3s cells on my mERV and it's really tight. Make sure that they aren't too big.

^^ yes! a definitive answer I've never had the need for lipos or the charger you rock^^

Also a good idea to pick up a LiPo charging sack while you're at it.

^^thats the only thing I haven't found yet while cruising Edmonton.^^

Looks like I get to order something today after all!

What's the chances I could start a fire?
I have a canvas welding sack and a rather large steel lock box will those work until I get something more suitable?

ONYX 245 I love mine. Dual ports for charging and dual balancing. Charges Lipo, NiMh, NiCd, and LiFe plus some others. Charges 1, 2, and 3 cell batteries. And yes you can charge from your truck in under 45 minutes. It has a two LED read outs.

Last edited:
Back