New Axial 1/18th scale crawler Capra 4WD Unlimited Trail Buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see where it looks toy grade at all 🤷‍♂️
Really?
InShot_20221027_234527336.jpg

I would have to see Rcreveiw or Rcdriver do table tops of this. It looks a little too high in the pics. I do like the axles. Theses mini crawlers really should stay below 200$ imo but it’s only money...I kind of like the Dodge Power wagon one you guys all have best in the looks department. I think the same company just put out a monster truck. Tomley did a review of it, looks cool, even had a set of lockers in the box you could swap in.

Like I said maybe it's just the pictures. I like the Ryft, love the arms on that.

May just be that it's a vehicle configuration that doesn't interest me in that size.

I'm certainly not knocking anyone that likes it. I look at 1/10 Rock Bouncers all the time and will probably have one at some point, heck I've been thinking I might enjoy either a bouncer or a fairly basic Slash VXL 4WD more than the basher.

The more I look at it I think it's just the scale I don't like.

Would probably only be $130 if they hadn't used the Currie logo on the diff. 😋
Yeah, I don't understand that price at all. It's almost $100 more than what I would think it should be, but so are all the Horizon offerings. But then again, there isn't a single Horizon brand RC's that I would buy without catching a good sale price on them. I bought our Ryft kit for $265 last year before Christmas during a sale. This mini Capra seems to be even more overpriced than most though.
Yeah, I think it is because I see a bit of our Ryft in that, which is one of the most high quality RC's I have ever built.

100$ is the max I will go on any micro crawler I plan on upgrading.
That really limits you to crawlers not worth having. The SCX24 is around $150.

OK, the more I see it the more it grows on me. I think the scale looks off for 1/18, but RC scales have always been a little liberal with their sizing. After watching a few vids it doesn't seem so toyish looking. I think part of what makes it look toyish is how tall it sits., which isn't as noticeable when it's driving. Also the Capra is listed as a crawler not a rock bouncer, like I previously thought. Still think the price is a bit steep, but as stated before, most Horizon products are.

Back