New and need help deciding.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fdnavy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking to buy my first truck. I have very little experience other than fixing replacing or upgrading pretty much every part on my sons ecx amp MT. Ideally the Tekno mt410 is my top choice but way outside of my budget. it has come down to 2 choices. A new stock Kraton 6s if they ever come back in stock or a used but in really nice shape with lots of upgrades E-Revo 2.0. I’ve read hundreds of posts comparing the 2 but none that compare a stock Kraton to a modified Revo. The Revo is going for 550 with 2 traxxas 3s batteries almost brand new and a traxxas Charger. upgrades include chassis brace, badland tires, upgraded toe links, upgraded springs, and led lights. I would be using it for general bashing/jumping on road and grass as well as the occasional skate park once I get better.

Welcome to RCT. the kind of bashing you would be doing you would be better off with a Outkast 6s. It will do more flips and the shorter chassis pan doesn't bend as bad as a Kraton. I have both and the Kraton I put a BLX 200 esc and 19 tooth pinion and it will do a cartwheel from stand still but the Outkast will do more tricks.

from what i have read (as i dont have experience with them other than about 15 minutes running an outcast 6s) i would pick the kraton, the issues it has seems to be more easily fixable than the E-Revo, again just from what I've read, the revo weak points though few it may have, just doesn't seem to be truly "fixable" whereas the Kraton/Outcast, the main weakpoint is the chassis, but you can get an upgrade replacement that is "bulletproof".

Back