Need to pick a new TX/RX

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swahlquist

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I would like to switch out the AM system in my LST2 for a 2.4GHz one any suggestions on some that would work well on a budget. The AM system that is in it now is a JR RS300 receiver and a JR xs3 Transmitter.

I run a spektrum dx4s and love it, but they are rather spendy. Check out the flysky radios. They are supposed to be pretty good and really cheap.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I have a specktrum dx2e with the sr200 receiver the problem i ran in to was there is not a place to plug in the battery switch. I was looking at the flysky ones what would the vcc port be for?

Battery switch?

The spektrum DX3C is pretty good, but doesn't have a charge port. I didn't realize that until I got home with it... then I took it apart and installed one.

I'm not sure which port the VCC is but the GT3B has 2 ports on it, a Charge port and a DSC port so you can use it with online racing sims.

If you got some money Id look at a Futaba 4PL. New I think they are around $225 or so if I remember correctly but I picked up a virtually unused one from the RCTech forums for $180. The RXs are only $50 ea and its a 4CH radio and is capable of channel mixing and other nice options if you need them. If you're on a tight budget though I like my GT3B just fine and there is several mods that can be done to it to make it even better.

Last edited:
I went to my LHS and the guy there said that the bind port on a spektrum receiver is also the powered port. and that my sr200 should work. going to give it a try this afternoon.

I went to my LHS and the guy there said that the bind port on a spektrum receiver is also the powered port. and that my sr200 should work. going to give it a try this afternoon.

he is correct. just plug in the power/power switch into the bind port and it should work.

If i remember correctly, all the ports of the Spektrum receiver can take power input. Can someone verify this? This is useful for binding purposes in an EP - where the Throttle is powered by the ESC(with power). Not too sure how to bind it for nitro tho in SR200 Rx.

---------- Post added at 7:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:31 PM ----------

i would not recommend a flysky 2.4 radio as they sometimes have glitches(a few had bad delay) and clashes. UNLESS, you are the only one using flysky, at least you will definitely NOT have clashes possibility.

I simply cannot imagine how a 2.4 have radio clashes and somehow flysky 2.4 do have this (not a lot). Quite a number of our club members are using flysky 2.4 and it has been found that a couple of them have clashes (not all - just these 2 users). Probably the framing of the signal is not perfect and overlaps. That is why flysky is a flyskey. It is in general not too bad tho, minus the two known issues that I have seen personally.

Last edited:
Thats an FM system you have now, with channel switching capability. Not as good as 2,4, but way better than AM.

Thats an FM system you have now, with channel switching capability. Not as good as 2,4, but way better than AM.

What one are you talking about? He's trying to put the Spektrum, DX2E/SR200, in it.

i believe SV250 was referring to the original one that he had - the JR XS3 - FM system.

the drawback for the Spektrum SR200 with the DX2E is it is only 2 channel rx with a 2 channel tx. For nitro use, if he can figure out how to bind it (1) and power it(2) at the same time, with the Throttle(3) and Steering(4) connected in a 3 port 2 channel Rx, then it should be good. I never tried it.

I can check with one of our club users who is using DX2E but unsure if he is also using SR200 or the SR300. Will update.

If i remember correctly, all the ports of the Spektrum receiver can take power input. Can someone verify this?

Yes, you can power it through any channel plug.

Place the bind plug in the bind port, plug the battery into another channel, when the light indicates bind mode set the failsafe positions and then hit bind on your TX. Some say to have full brakes as your fail safe, full brakes on my XXL will cause it to front flip so I have my failsafe at about 80% brakes and neutral steering. After you're finished, unplug the battery from the RX and power down the TX, plug your servos into the correct ports and then turn everything back on and make sure everything is centered and working right.

Last edited:
Back