RadioLink RC4GS - Bad Rx?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgehead44

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey All,

I am trying to bind a new rig to a new transmitter, and I have not been able to. It appears to be bound, as indicated by the solid green light, but it doesn't respond. I wonder if it's a bad receiver. A few weeks ago, I had an issue where a different RadioLink receiver stopped working while the car was on the shelf for a couple of weeks. I dropped in a new one, and I was able to bind it without issue. I wonder if this receiver is just bad as well. Based on the video, does it look like it should be bound, or am I incorrect? Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you!

To the signal bars on the radio appear? Are they there or are they not there?
Solid green means bound to the radio so you should see the signal bars on the radio appear.

What I do, try to rebind it. Use a small pick or tool, I use a 1.5mm hex driver, on the side of the receiver case there is an opening and there is a little black button, press and hold that button for about 2 seconds until the receiver starts flashing green, flashing green means bind mode, after a few seconds it should recognize the radio and be bound. If it doesn't recognize the radio within that amount of time, the receiver will slowly flash green (unbound to a radio)

If it doesn't rebind, I have no clue, it could be a bad receiver, radiolink receivers are cheaply made and yea aren't really that good.
I have one receiver (R6FG V4) which I had to decase it, and the little button broke so I can't rebind to a radio or new radio so its permanently bound to my 4GS.

Maybe post in the RadioLink Official Group on Facebook for support from other people. RadioLink RL account on Facebook is the customer service account and replies to posts, don't try to follow them as they appear to be an AI Bot and really doesn't help.

I had been having lots of problems with my RC8X radio using the big 8ch receiver, and smaller 6ch receivers, found out its a firmware issue and any update later than 1.1.5 has issues with cutting out, freezing, range loss, signal loss, and failsafe not working. Downgraded to 1.1.5 and it works like it did new.

I been telling about on how the whole RadioLink brand is going down hill, their products (surface radio and receiver wise) is pretty good, its just the customer support behind the desk as it seems like an AI bot and not knowing what we are trying to tell them, and they had yet to found the issue wrong with the RC8X firmware that has been going on for the past 4 months. I have a 4GS V3 myself, no issues and I like it as a cheap bash around radio. And since I just found the solution to my RC8X issues, ill continue to use that for my racers. Until I need an upgrade which would be sooner than later at somepoint.

To the signal bars on the radio appear? Are they there or are they not there?
Solid green means bound to the radio so you should see the signal bars on the radio appear.

What I do, try to rebind it. Use a small pick or tool, I use a 1.5mm hex driver, on the side of the receiver case there is an opening and there is a little black button, press and hold that button for about 2 seconds until the receiver starts flashing green, flashing green means bind mode, after a few seconds it should recognize the radio and be bound. If it doesn't recognize the radio within that amount of time, the receiver will slowly flash green (unbound to a radio)

If it doesn't rebind, I have no clue, it could be a bad receiver, radiolink receivers are cheaply made and yea aren't really that good.
I have one receiver (R6FG V4) which I had to decase it, and the little button broke so I can't rebind to a radio or new radio so its permanently bound to my 4GS.

Maybe post in the RadioLink Official Group on Facebook for support from other people. RadioLink RL account on Facebook is the customer service account and replies to posts, don't try to follow them as they appear to be an AI Bot and really doesn't help.

I had been having lots of problems with my RC8X radio using the big 8ch receiver, and smaller 6ch receivers, found out its a firmware issue and any update later than 1.1.5 has issues with cutting out, freezing, range loss, signal loss, and failsafe not working. Downgraded to 1.1.5 and it works like it did new.

I been telling about on how the whole RadioLink brand is going down hill, their products (surface radio and receiver wise) is pretty good, its just the customer support behind the desk as it seems like an AI bot and not knowing what we are trying to tell them, and they had yet to found the issue wrong with the RC8X firmware that has been going on for the past 4 months. I have a 4GS V3 myself, no issues and I like it as a cheap bash around radio. And since I just found the solution to my RC8X issues, ill continue to use that for my racers. Until I need an upgrade which would be sooner than later at somepoint.

So...I tried to rebind it. No dice. I switched the direction the connectors were plugged in, just to see if that would do anything. Nothing. I switched them back and powered it up and it worked just fine. It reminded me of when you try to plug in a USB connector; it's always wrong the first time around, lol.

Anyway, it works great now. Thanks for your help!

Back