Need some help with my Traxxas

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommy_irish

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey all, I've had this truck for some time and I need help identifying it...It has a scorpion motor, its 2WD and the remote is a Top Qualifier 27 mhz AM Digital Proportional two-channel radio. It has knobs for steering trim and throttle trim, then a switch that says 70/30 then neutral then 50/50. On the bottom it says Steer Ch. 1 then a switch then Servo Reversing then a switch then it says Ch. 2 Throt
WTH does all that mean...
Here's some pix, thanks!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

---------- Post added at 5:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:22 PM ----------

here are some more pix...
picture.php

picture.php

Looks like an old stampede to me. As for the remote, 70/30 means 70% forward throttle and 30% reverse throttle. Same goes with 50/50. Servo reverse just changes the direction of the servo or throttle.

I agree. I am not 100% certain but Id say it doesn't look like an old Stampede

Ah ok...well looks like I need to do some updating and get a bigger motor and just go from there...and maybe a new body too. Thanks!

so...what motor will fit in my pede? The motor has 2 wires coming out of it and I've seen some crazy motors out there. I def want a brushless motor but I don't know what kind is good, and is there a particular battery I need for it? Anything else I need to do an upgrade? I'd rather not got to a traxxas power-up shop and pay them to do what I should be able to do, I just need to some help going in the right direction.
Thanks

that is an OLD pede. xl1 esc and 20 turn stinger. thats a plastic gear trans, so for brushless you will need a metal gear upgrade or you are gonna be goin thru the plastic gears like crazy. start with an xl5 and 12t titan and a nice 7 cell nimh that fits the battery tray. that should hold you over till you get the metal gear trans and brushless setup you want. as far as upgrades go, rpm suspension arms, better steering servo, and new turnbuckles will help. check out your shocks and make sure they have oil in them and arnt leaking. check out the slipper clutch, a revo style slipper would be a good upgrade as well.

If you wanted the brushless however, the traxxas VXL 3S system will fit.

You can take advantage of the Traxxas Trade up program at your LHS for both the ESC/Motor as well as upgrading to a newer 2.4 GHz radio system.

hmmm...just might do that.
or i just might trade it for a rock crawler + cash

Last edited:
Back