Need Losi Mach 427 parts and help please.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evildoublez

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hi, I'm brand new to nitro rc cars and just bought a Losi 8ight 3.0 with a Mach 427 (like i said I'm new to the scene and didn't know what I was doing). I'd like to put a new cylinder head, and exhaust system on it but, despite a lot of time looking, haven't been able to find either. Although, I did find a Mach .26 exhaust system so I'm wondering if it will work? If not if someone could point me in the right direction, or if someone has spares that they'd be interested in selling let me know.
Thank you!

Hey ,welcome to the nitro world!....:welcome_sign:

I am not familure with the engines ,other than they are both rear exhaust ,an they are both nice engines
to have an make a lot of power!

But ,sometimes ,it is best to start with a new engine ,as some of those parts can cost as much as
a new one!
But anyway ,good luck & enjoy!.....:thumbs-up:

mach 427 and the mach 26 were both engines on the losi lst, the pipe i believe was the same between them, the Mach .26 is a beast of an engine. almost scary lol.

Hi, I'm brand new to nitro rc cars and just bought a Losi 8ight 3.0 with a Mach 427 (like i said I'm new to the scene and didn't know what I was doing). I'd like to put a new cylinder head, and exhaust system on it but, despite a lot of time looking, haven't been able to find either. Although, I did find a Mach .26 exhaust system so I'm wondering if it will work? If not if someone could point me in the right direction, or if someone has spares that they'd be interested in selling let me know.
Thank you!
by new cylinder head you are meaning the Cooling head correct? found one option
https://www.ebay.com/itm/270769409824
i didnt realize that both the .26 and the 427 could use the same cooling head, i haven't personally seen a 427.

Pretty much any 1/8th scale exhaust will work with the M26, Mach 26, 427, Losi 454. You just may need to get various exhaust gaskets as they tend to vary in thickness. Some headers use thin, some thick.

by new cylinder head you are meaning the Cooling head correct? found one option
https://www.ebay.com/itm/270769409824
i didnt realize that both the .26 and the 427 could use the same cooling head, i haven't personally seen a 427.
Yeah, I actually ordered one, I'm kind of worried it's not going to fit because according to horizon hobbies the Mach .26 cylinder head won't fit the Mach 427. It should be here in a couple days though so we'll see.

interesting, can't remember if the button is separate or the built into the head

I remember on my sisters Muggy ,that the head was a natural aluminum rounded head ,an
I believe that it just had the stock black losi pipe on it!

Don't know too much about it ,because it was like new an never had issues with it ,so we never
had it apart ,all I know ,is it was a power house an ripped!....LOL

Right here is the vid of that Muggy with the 427!

The grey head 427 and gold head 427 weren't quite the same I don't think. I believe the grey head was a "high output" engine, had more power than the gold. Not sure if that was the carb, porting, or just a lie/misconception.

I've seen both run and they were decent engines. Didn't have the longest lives, but tuned well and performed ok while the pinch lasted.

The "short" life may have been more from user error than anything. Both that I saw run were in new users hands and I don't know that they did proper break in. I only saw them after they both had them for a while. The gold one was in an LST2 and later transplanted into a savage with a pull start. He probably didn't get 4-5 gallons through it before compression got low and it started flaming out constantly. We sent it to rayaracing for a repinch, then he ran it for quite a while after that. The grey one I only ran with the guy a few times... he really liked WOT in a muggy. Lack of a 2 speed meant it spent the majority of it's life at WOT.

Last edited:
Back