Need help with dhk wolf 2 throttle stuck open

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonik801

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Dhk wolf 2 that goes wot once it binds after messing with trim. Car ran fine but now it will bind and as soon as throttle is touched it goes wot and will not stop. I hooked up a different trans. And receiver and it does not do it. i did mess with the trim too prior to this happening and i read about calibrating the esc ? Please help

Dhk wolf 2 that goes wot once it binds after messing with trim. Car ran fine but now it will bind and as soon as throttle is touched it goes wot and will not stop. I hooked up a different trans. And receiver and it does not do it. i did mess with the trim too prior to this happening and i read about calibrating the esc ? Please help
To me it sounds like the throttle potentiometer is bad in the first transmitter.

Just to clarify, you only mention binding the new radio, did you re-calibrate the ESC to the new radio as well? If not then that's probably your issue.

Very important to have the throttle trim set to zero when calibrating the ESC too.

Good Luck!

Are you sure you didnt flip a switch to reverse the throttle channel on the first transmitter?
0 becomes 100%

Is it the stock DHK ESC? If so, they are extremely finnicky, and prone to issues. Try recalibrating it, and see what happens.

Just to clarify, you only mention binding the new radio, did you re-calibrate the ESC to the new radio as well? If not then that's probably your issue.

Very important to have the throttle trim set to zero when calibrating the ESC too.

Good Luck!
It sounds like he tried another radio and it worked fine but it is the stock radio that is giving him issues.

To me it sounds like the throttle potentiometer is bad in the first transmitter.
How can i fix this
It sounds like he tried another radio and it worked fine but it is the stock radio that is giving him issues.
Sorry guys there is only the one radio. Can you tell me how to calibrate the esc and where should th trim dial be. 12 oclock right
Are you sure you didnt flip a switch to reverse the throttle channel on the first transmitter?
0 becomes 100%
On transmitter the th is not reversed

Yes, set throttle trim to dead center, if it's just a tick off center then it will never get to zero to calibrate properly

How can i fix this

Sorry guys there is only the one radio. Can you tell me how to calibrate the esc and where should th trim dial be. 12 oclock right

I can't find any instructions for that even in the user manual which is typical with Chinesium brand RCs. If that video doesn't get you there you may want to email DHK and ask them for instructions.

Yes, set throttle trim to dead center, if it's just a tick off center then it will never get to zero to calibrate properly

My transmitter is same but my esc is different its a wp-1060-rtr

Thank you i believe i did it right. I set thr to reverse then put st and th dr to 100 but left the steering trim then power on esc and it beeps 3 times which is for 3s lipo and the car will just sit with no steering and no motor until i hit throttle but i accidently hit the set button on my receiver and i dont know if this is binding or not. can't i unplug the th from esc and bind transmitter and have steering work?
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 19
Steering cable is reversed. The signal wire is yellow on the steering cable, and white on the throttle. They should both be inboard on the receiver. So throttle cable is correct.

☝️ THIS! The orange signal wire should be on the other side. :)
I changed that what i noticed is if i plug steering into th channel it would just sit there with servo trying to constantly go to one side. Its binding and steering works but the th chsnnel is still messed up. Anyone have any other ideas other than replacing receiver and transmitter.

How can i fix this

Replace the potentiometer connected to the throttle trigger, but it would probably be cheaper to just buy a new radio system. I had a Flysky radio that had the potentiometer for the steering take a dump once, you would plug in a servo and it would just spin the servo until the servo died.

Jenny's RC is probably going to be your cheapest option to get a low cost radio system if you are in the US https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...et-spektrum-slt3-3ch-2-4ghz-granite-ara4312v3

Fun fact... RTR stands for "Ready To Replace" electronics :(

Over the years I have learned to stay away from RTR's and have found it far more cost effective to build a kit and install quality electronics from the start :)

I am no longer affiliated with PR (used to be a team driver with them) but they are the best quality you can get for the price IMO which would get most people in the same ballpark for a quality setup for about the same overall price they would spend on a RTR + replacement electronics:
https://shop.thercproshop.com/pr-racing/pr-racing-kits

Last edited:
I went by the cheap transmitter and receiver, and it works so I may order just an OEM receiver, but it also could be the radio it’s bad

Fun fact... RTR stands for "Ready To Replace" electronics :(

Over the years I have learned to stay away from RTR's and have found it far more cost effective to build a kit and install quality electronics from the start :)

I am no longer affiliated with PR (used to be a team driver with them) but they are the best quality you can get for the price IMO which would get most people in the same ballpark for a quality setup for about the same overall price they would spend on a RTR + replacement electronics:
https://shop.thercproshop.com/pr-racing/pr-racing-kits

I always said ready to rebuild because the Chinese don't give a flying fudge when they put them together.

I have never hear of that brand before, they look like nice kits. The VB-10 looks like something that I would want, everything else is mid motor and would require shorty lipos.

Back