Mamba Monster X 8s ESC Issue: Long Beep, No Throttle - Solutions?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipouryoulicker

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So here is the problem. I'm running an Arrma stretched typhon 6s ver5... with a castle 1717-1650 kv motor hooked to a mamba monster x 8s esc, transmitter is radiolink RC6GS ver3.... Everything was fine until it just stopped working. Now when I turn on my car it gives the chimes like normal but then it gives one looong beep and then nothing... I have steering but no throttle. Have reset and calibrated radio, calibrated receiver... can't calibrate esc because I have no throttle... no other faults what so ever... just nothing... any ideas?
P.s. everything is under 2 months old. Just installed... ran fine until it didn't... lol

contact castle. its bind( you bind radio gear) not calibrate. esc is the only thing that gets calibrated.

Yea I would contact castle. ESC or motor problem.
Looks like the RX/TX is all bound up and working fine.
Servo is working
ESC is not. Make sure its in ch2 or TH channel.
Fully charged and balanced battery.
Other than that, I got no clue.

Yea I would contact castle. ESC or motor problem.
+1

More info here:

Side note, verify you didn't accidentally mess with the TH/DR knob, it must be set to zero in order for ESC to activate, if it's not at zero then that means throttle is active and the ESC has protection to prevent a run away on start up.

check what bill said after looking at that model radio I see it quit easy to accidently bump that knob.
1695921832920.png

Yeah I made sure everything was at zero before trying to calibrate esc... and yes that knob is easy to bump... lol