My first electric car. Losi Lasernut

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would still keep an eye on motor temps though. if the 14T will damage the motor on 4S then 12T is probably still gonna get it pretty toasty I'm guessing. That is if the manual is realistic, meaning that the claim isnt exaggerated just for liability reasons. :)

Gee you dont have to take the motor all the way out to change the pinion. Stupid manual.

So I found a place at a local park with some berms and jumps. It has good traction but jumps like a pregnant cow. Even small whoops made it sound like you were slamming it on the ground.

I brought it home and removed the spare wheel and carrier. Diet time. Some people cut it to replace the body hinge. No need. 2 shorter bolts and nylock nuts fixed it,
They also strip the body but I don't think that would gain you much so I am going to leave that alone. All those pieces together don't weigh as much as that big tire and carrier and they aren't hung right on the back.
Now to see if the rear still has traction or if I have to change the diff oils.

None now. I found what I was looking for on an Aarma forum. They must ship with the same radios.

But that comment was really made about almost everything. When you do a search looking for information what it returns are huge number of people selling whatever you mentioned.
I put Wyze smart plugs on the lights for my big fish tank. They stopped working correctly and I started looking for what to do about it. I never did find anything. Just people wanting to sell you more of them.
I search for information about the drugs the doctor puts me on. Every website I hit has the same information, word for word most of the time.
When I research, I use all search engines. Same words with different results. Another one to use is duckduckgo. They dont seem to hide info that others do. All my hollistic and cancer research is done from them. Iodine can only be found around 5%. On duckduckgo, can find atleast 20% solution.

The spare tire and holder are gone off the back and I have some bumpers and skid plates coming. I also ordered some 17mm hex adapters. I am going to try some 3.8 badlands I have here on it. They seem to weigh slightly less than the tires it came with and are bit taller and wider.

Yes I am quite happy with it now. It was $469. But If they had any Kyosho Nitro Mad crushers they are listed for $439 with a 3 speed and solid axles.
kyo33153b.jpg
I love mine..

My parts came today

Before

IMG_3725-L.jpg
2021061906084652--6045942693497954860-IMG_3724-L.jpg

After

IMG_3784-L.jpg

IMG_3786-L.jpg

IMG_3783-L.jpg

IMG_3785-L.jpg

SCTE bumpers, RPM skid plates and 3.8 Proline Badlands on 17mm adapters. With the 11 tooth pinion in I think it will be fine on 4s with these tires.
They are bigger but not heavier than the original ones.

My parts came today

Before

IMG_3725-L.jpg
2021061906084652--6045942693497954860-IMG_3724-L.jpg

After

IMG_3784-L.jpg

IMG_3786-L.jpg

IMG_3783-L.jpg

IMG_3785-L.jpg

SCTE bumpers, RPM skid plates and 3.8 Proline Badlands on 17mm adapters. With the 11 tooth pinion in I think it will be fine on 4s with these tires.
They are bigger but not heavier than the original ones.
Lookin' Good bro!

If your looking for more advice on your Losi Lasernut, look on YouTube for videos, and search for ”Losi Lasernut.” There is a lot of help there. If you have a tablet such as a Apple IPad, you can download the free YouTube application.

Back