Need help finding a electric set for a WPL RC truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope I really mean wheel dolly tires. I plan to use 2 motor and rear boxes from a powered wheel chair and a adaptor that has the same bolt pattern as the rims of a wheel dolly. the motor takes up to 24volts but it will run on 12volts and I have a bunch of power wheel battery a that I plan to use. The truck will be the size of a radio flyer wagon atleast.View attachment 128138View attachment 128139View attachment 128140View attachment 128141View attachment 128142
My god, that would be a tough RC. I bet you'd need automotive lead-acid battery for that.

Hey Daniel, Do you remember that white truck I showed you? I'm thinking about doing a drag build out of one, I want it to do some good wheelies though. I was thinking about getting a 2 speed gearbox with 380 motor and just leaving it in 2nd gear, what do you think? I'm having trouble finding tires though. I did see some a couple of years ago but I don't remember where.

Hey Daniel, Do you remember that white truck I showed you? I'm thinking about doing a drag build out of one, I want it to do some good wheelies though. I was thinking about getting a 2 speed gearbox with 380 motor and just leaving it in 2nd gear, what do you think? I'm having trouble finding tires though. I did see some a couple of years ago but I don't remember where.
Go to a used toy store or on line and buy a non remote car with tires like that then just fit them on rims that for your rc. I'm shure you can eyeball the size your need. I done it when the tires I won't cost to much. I have a pair of tires you could use from a mustang car my boys played with and pulled the tires off and they fit a 1.9 rim. Looked really good but since then I have used the rims on something else. I still
16237982384338965558210048412059.jpg
have the tires. The idea sounds great I would like to see that. Keep me posted.

My god, that would be a tough RC. I bet you'd need automotive lead-acid battery for that.
No just a battery out of a motorcycle but the same thing a power wheel kids car. It's going to be big but fun to build. Just gotta find out what to do for a cab.

No just a battery out of a motorcycle but the same thing a power wheel kids car. It's going to be big but fun to build. Just gotta find out what to do for a cab.
For a cab, you could do wood. If you have experience with welding like I do, you could do stamped sheet metal and tig weld it together.

For a cab, you could do wood. If you have experience with welding like I do, you could do stamped sheet metal and tig weld it together.
I'm a wood worker but I can't weld. I would like to someday.

I'm a wood worker but I can't weld. I would like to someday.
I did a little bit of shop class in high school, as well as welding at the local career center that the school program had. Welding was a lot of fun.

Back