Need a steering servo, not sure which?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wozzza72

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi
I have an old XT2 X-Terminator 2 Nitro buggy I have dragged out the shed and got working but the steering servo has packed up and I'm not sure what to replace it with. It doesn't need to be anything amazing, just a cheap and cheerful one will do. Can anyone give me any examples of what I should get?
Thanks

you can take old servo out and go to servocity then amazon and get 1 that is similar....a 20kg servo should work from amazon

Last edited:
Hi
I have an old XT2 X-Terminator 2 Nitro buggy I have dragged out the shed and got working but the steering servo has packed up and I'm not sure what to replace it with. It doesn't need to be anything amazing, just a cheap and cheerful one will do. Can anyone give me any examples of what I should get?
Thanks
You can find cheap, waterproof, metal geared servos on Amazon and eBay. a 25KG or 35KG should work fine for it. This is the one i use for a lot of my stuff: https://www.ebay.com/itm/384888289667?hash=item599d213983:g:NRkAAOSwz2Zif2Ae&LH_BIN=1

I've always used the cheap amazon servos. They work great.
I use Savox on my 1/10 crawlers.

Hi
Thanks
I am in the same boat. Also don't need anything fancy. My old servo was rated at 7.8kg and I am looking at getting this one:

https://servodatabase.com/servo/cys/s0110