need a little help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95ram

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So here's the deal. I was going through glow plugs like mad. So I decided to pull the carb off and clean it thinking I'm haveing a lean issue and to check everything over. While I was doing that I figured I'd seal up the rear with some RTV and clean the one way bearing.

Now here's the problem. When I try to start it with the ez start the ez start motor just spins and the motor doesn't turn over. Did I install the bearing wrong??? What did I mess up.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm new and still learning. These things are fun when they are running. IMO a carbed V8 is easier to tune then these things, but it gives me something to do.

Should also mention this is on a Tmaxx 3.3

Sounds like the one way bearing is put in backwards. Take the OWB out and flip it . you should be ok then.

And remember the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked..

Sounds like the OWB is in backwards.

You beat me by 30 stinkin seconds GRRR... lol

i dont know what these guys are thinking.. i say the one way bearing is on backward.. try that and let me know!! :D

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm an idiot. When you hook the + and - up wrong on the ez start it spins the motor the wrong way :eek:pps:. Thanks for the help guys. I've sure I'll have more questions as time goes by. It's finally getting warm enough here to start playing with it.

I know the question is answered, but I thought I will add.....When I'm putting the OWB on, I always test it by holding the caseing on by hand and turning it, then I screw the screws.

The OWB is really quite easy to put on correctly EVERY time. The writing on the bearing faces the engine....that is IF it is OWB and not the wires on backwards.....

What if your lazy and you find out the OWB is on backwards, and you dont wanna take it apart again? couldnt you just switch the wires lol.

o wait...that might make the engine run backward though lol

Actually these mills CAN and do run backward. Happens to the airplane guys all too easily. Just ask Ralph...

What if your lazy and you find out the OWB is on backwards, and you dont wanna take it apart again? couldnt you just switch the wires lol.

o wait...that might make the engine run backward though lol

That might work we would just have to put it in reverse to go forward and visa-versa
I think you have something there.:D

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm an idiot. When you hook the + and - up wrong on the ez start it spins the motor the wrong way :eek:pps:. Thanks for the help guys. I've sure I'll have more questions as time goes by. It's finally getting warm enough here to start playing with it.

i did the same thing mate dont worry lol it had me baffled haha!! its all fun in the nitro world haha got loads to learn and iv not even been in it long and i have learnt alot... most due to finding out the hardway haha!:hehe:

Shows how smart we are. None of us even thought of that possibility. Based on the engine tear-down info we all assumed it was the OWB.

i would of said that but i didnt get here in time i was busy with the girlfriend ;) haha