From hero to zero

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easy rider

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
I own 4 nitro vehicles. I spent all week wrenching and getting the kinks out of 3 of them. Getting the diffs lubed up, tightened up linkages. Silicone oiled all the bearings and such. Etc…. So, I could run them all today. A lot.

My revo starter motor messed up last week. I put an older one I had setting around on it yesterday. Took it off the old motor that was in my tmaxx. Put the starting wand on it this morning, ZINGGGG!!!! The one way bearing is slipping so bad it wouldn’t start. I reckon where the old motor had no compression and this new one does, is why it never slipped when I had it on the tmaxx. UUUuuurrrrgggghhh.

Move on to the os tmaxx. Started it up after heat gunning it. Run it around for about three minutes. Got it good and warm. Run it out and when I turned it to me I shot the fuel to it. Stripped the spur gear instantly. Truck number two down in less than 5 minutes.

Got the plain stock tmaxx out my son gave back to me. It ran like a scalded dog. Seriously made me wander why anyone would ever put an os motor on one. Just adding problems. Shaking my head.

We’ve all had these kind of days. And, I was pleasantly surprised how well the stock truck run. But, every time I get geared up to do some serious running, stupid crap happens because I do stupid things beforehand.

I was primed up with the idea of getting together and running all these nitros. Instead, I got to run my stock one and watch my buddies run all theirs.

Back to wrenching. I ordered a new starter assembly. No more of that crap. I just threw away all the old one way bearings I’ve robbed out of worn out motors. Threw away all the old starter housings and back plates too. Ain’t going to do that again.

Ordered a new slipper and spur for the os tmaxx too. Going to wrench everything back up this week and plan on a big day this coming weekend. Gotta love it.

I own 4 nitro vehicles. I spent all week wrenching and getting the kinks out of 3 of them. Getting the diffs lubed up, tightened up linkages. Silicone oiled all the bearings and such. Etc…. So, I could run them all today. A lot.

My revo starter motor messed up last week. I put an older one I had setting around on it yesterday. Took it off the old motor that was in my tmaxx. Put the starting wand on it this morning, ZINGGGG!!!! The one way bearing is slipping so bad it wouldn’t start. I reckon where the old motor had no compression and this new one does, is why it never slipped when I had it on the tmaxx. UUUuuurrrrgggghhh.

Move on to the os tmaxx. Started it up after heat gunning it. Run it around for about three minutes. Got it good and warm. Run it out and when I turned it to me I shot the fuel to it. Stripped the spur gear instantly. Truck number two down in less than 5 minutes.

Got the plain stock tmaxx out my son gave back to me. It ran like a scalded dog. Seriously made me wander why anyone would ever put an os motor on one. Just adding problems. Shaking my head.

We’ve all had these kind of days. And, I was pleasantly surprised how well the stock truck run. But, every time I get geared up to do some serious running, stupid crap happens because I do stupid things beforehand.

I was primed up with the idea of getting together and running all these nitros. Instead, I got to run my stock one and watch my buddies run all theirs.

Back to wrenching. I ordered a new starter assembly. No more of that crap. I just threw away all the old one way bearings I’ve robbed out of worn out motors. Threw away all the old starter housings and back plates too. Ain’t going to do that again.

Ordered a new slipper and spur for the os tmaxx too. Going to wrench everything back up this week and plan on a big day this coming weekend. Gotta love it.

I hate when that happens, nothing more disappointing than getting psyched up and having everything go wrong. It's like when you get to your spot and realize your batteries or transmitter are still sitting on the kitchen table. :doh:

They don’t run too good like this

IMG_4117.jpeg

There's days, I'll take all my bashers out and they all run flawlessly.
Then there are days where every rig breaks something.

Last edited:
I hate when that happens, nothing more disappointing than getting psyched up and having everything go wrong. It's like when you get to your spot and realize your batteries or transmitter are still sitting on the kitchen table. :doh:
Happened only once for me luckily. But nitros just need so much stuff with them that it's just hardly to forget lol

It turned out better than I thought. I had a new spur gear. One of my spur pads had a little tip tore off. Wasn’t bad. I put it back on anyways. Seems to be working fine. I did ordered a whole slipper kit and spur though. Got a starter and such coming. Lord willing, next weekend.