My Xmaxx build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started out using Zeee the last time I came back from a hobby break but I've sinced started leaning toward Hoovo. I havent tested them yet so this is merely anecdotal evidence but I feel like they hold up a little better in the Kraton 8S and they have 10AWg wire leads compared to Zeee 12AWg wire leads. Just my .02

I started out using Zeee the last time I came back from a hobby break but I've sinced started leaning toward Hoovo. I havent tested them yet so this is merely anecdotal evidence but I feel like they hold up a little better in the Kraton 8S and they have 10AWg wire leads compared to Zeee 12AWg wire leads. Just my .02

I think the zee batteries I'm ordering (9000mah) have 10awg leads. But it looked like 5-7k had 12awg.

Following this. I was thinking about getting the zeee 9000mah packs, I'm glad you've had good luck with them.

The green A-arms look great! Where did you get the stainless screws from? I hate how all the hardware rusts.
I bought them Here

Following this. I was thinking about getting the zeee 9000mah packs, I'm glad you've had good luck with them.

The green A-arms look great! Where did you get the stainless screws from? I hate how all the hardware rusts.
So for the rusting screw. Spray you whole truck down. With the silicone spray. Let it sit for a minute then wipe off the extra. Will add a protective layer over everything. Just don't spray electronics..
Didn't even realize the hoovo lipos had 10awg wire. Good to know looking to get some more lipos..

I think the zee batteries I'm ordering (9000mah) have 10awg leads. But it looked like 5-7k had 12awg.
Thats good to know. I havent bought any with capacities that high. My main prefernce is SMC but they are pricer so Ill go with some Zeees or Hoovos when I'm not as concerned with getting the most out of my packs or if I'm short on cash

Thats good to know. I havent bought any with capacities that high. My main prefernce is SMC but they are pricer so Ill go with some Zeees or Hoovos when I'm not as concerned with getting the most out of my packs or if I'm short on cash

SMC seems to be the go to, but they definitely are pricey. If I get crazier with this stuff, I'll pick some up.

SMC seems to be the go to, but they definitely are pricey. If I get crazier with this stuff, I'll pick some up.
Crazier.. 🤣🤣 you joined in the fun of being here. It's only a matter of time. Before the drug kicks in and you have 5 more RCs. And your saying how did this happen👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣 just don't blame us we encourage this type of behavior 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😉😉

Crazier.. 🤣🤣 you joined in the fun of being here. It's only a matter of time. Before the drug kicks in and you have 5 more RCs. And your saying how did this happen👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣 just don't blame us we encourage this type of behavior 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😉😉

It's funny because it's true! 🤣 🤣 🤣

It's funny because it's true! 🤣 🤣 🤣
It is so very true. I'm looking at the 24s. Just not sure what one🤔. You got Deadbolt so does Wicked. But definitely want some bigger tires. Maybe the jeep. Wish I could get it in blue. Well maybe I can just paint it brilliant blue. 🤔😉👍👍

I'm actually trying to decide on getting a crawler or a 4s basher 😅😅

It is so very true. I'm looking at the 24s. Just not sure what one🤔. You got Deadbolt so does Wicked. But definitely want some bigger tires. Maybe the jeep. Wish I could get it in blue. Well maybe I can just paint it brilliant blue. 🤔😉👍👍
DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!
I'm actually trying to decide on getting a crawler or a 4s basher 😅😅
Both are good fun, depends on what kind of play space is available to you. I never thought I would love crawlers as much as I do, thought they would be slow and boring, I was wrong, they are relaxing and challenging both at the same time. And there is almost no damage unlike bashing, which means very little cost after purchase except for voluntary upgrades. Bashing is great fun too, just a little more expensive in the oops dept. Eventually you will have both so flip a coin. ;)

Today I received my rear shock tower.
I ordered everything to finish my build so it should be on the road in a couple weeks.

IMG_0060.JPG
IMG_0061.JPG

Coming along nicely. I bet you're getting excited.
Absolutely my man. I can't wait. The problem is, we are buying our house so I have a ton of stuff that needs to get done before winter sets in.

I'm lucky as far as that goes, she loves her crawler and her slow 2wd Stampede. This one will scare the crap out of her. I can't even get her to drive my Baja 5b or my Typhon.

Tonight, I installed the rear bumper, front and rear skid plate temporarily until the rest of my parts come in.
She is really starting to grow up and so close to running. I figured my bench was big enough to handle her, PFFFTTTTT I was sadly mistaken.

IMG_0062.JPG
IMG_0063.JPG
IMG_0064.JPG

Back