My T-Maxx FLM Build!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last of the parts to finish the conversion :)

19-1.jpg

ESC Fan in the new case was to small, so I had to reuse the old one. I'm trying to get Castle to send me a new fan.

20-1.jpg

21-1.jpg

22-1.jpg

FLM Steering Setup, you can't run the bearing in the spring retainer and it causes alot of slop in the steering. I'm gonna figure out what size bearing I can use. I am surprised this is something they don't include in there kit.

23-1.jpg

24-1.jpg

25-1.jpg

26-1.jpg

27-1.jpg

28-1.jpg

29-1.jpg

30-1.jpg

31-1.jpg

These pictures are after a half day of bashing at the park with some friends. Everyone was really impressed with the maxx! Surprisingly it was faster or just as fast as one of my buddies truggies but it was so hard to keep the wheels from coming up in the front over half throttle. That was with a -100 throttle expo and the motor turns set to low so I guess I'm gonna have to set punch control to 50% aswell. I am thinking of getting a center diff and am trying to figure out a different tire/wheel combo to run. I like 40 series but for high speed running they are not worth a damn.

32-1.jpg

33-1.jpg

34-1.jpg

35-1.jpg

36-1.jpg

Thanks for looking guys! I am very pleased with the build :D

I have a FLM Savage build that has been waiting in a box for the HPI gas conversion but now that I have brushless and like it so much I am thinking of converting it to electric instead :hehe:

Last edited:
i put the centre diff in my embe and while it limits the wheelies it does cause the front wheels to spin alot faster which is good off road but a pita on bitumen,when she gets going the front end is sittin quite tall and affects the handling a bit
if you've got the hd slipper i'd maybe suggest running a litlle looser and see if that slow down the wheelies over getting the cd

i put the centre diff in my embe and while it limits the wheelies it does cause the front wheels to spin alot faster which is good off road but a pita on bitumen,when she gets going the front end is sittin quite tall and affects the handling a bit
if you've got the hd slipper i'd maybe suggest running a litlle looser and see if that slow down the wheelies over getting the cd

I am sure you could change out the center diff and front diff fluids to accommodate for the front wheels ballooning. My buddy was having the same issue with his truggy and he mentioned something about changing the diff fluids up and it would fix the issue. I like the wheelies but as I said anything over half throttle it just constantly wants to come off the ground. I would rather have some control-ability rather than none from the front wheels just slinging in the air.:D

it handles much better off road with the cd no 2 ways about ,the standard diff oil is 500k i think i've seen a 700k maybe losi i think,dont know how the cd would hold up but they look weaker than 3.3 diffs internally

Back