My school is trying to block RCTalk... They already blocked Arrma forum.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukedavis

Hardcore RCTalk User
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Boating
This sucks. I do all my work in class and then enjoy my time at lunch scrolling through the forum. Now it's gonna get blocked. I have a phone, but I have a time limit on it.

Sad
Now something that @WickedFog says to me, get back to your studies kid. 🧐

Pretty sure they still have this site unblocked for me. Also have a time limit on my phone too. Mostly use my laptop for RC stuff tho. I use phone for those addictive reels and YouTubes.

Don't know why they block these sites. These are educational sites. Maybe they just don't understand. Like parents 🙄

Now let me get back to my own studies. 🤣

This sucks. I do all my work in class and then enjoy my time at lunch scrolling through the forum. Now it's gonna get blocked. I have a phone, but I have a time limit on it.
Do you use your own laptop in school? If so, maybe try one of those VPN thingies. I know there is a lot of stuff blocked in the UK, and they use VPN's to get around the blockades. Never used one myself, but I know I should.

Do you use your own laptop in school? If so, maybe try one of those VPN thingies. I know there is a lot of stuff blocked in the UK, and they use VPN's to get around the blockades. Never used one myself, but I know I should.
It's a school-provided Chromebook. The thing is, this site is a resource for my science fair project

if its in there school on the comps its there right.To bad so sad (not)

It's a school-provided Chromebook. The thing is, this site is a resource for my science fair project
There you go. Then you need to make sure they know that. And you need to let them know that a 53 year old RC guy from the early 1980's, and a retired CNC Program Engineer said there is nothing on this site but good things for kids to learn. It would be absolutely stupid to block RCT from a school network.

I already got one site unblocked but I feel like when the school year is over they will block everything again. But, I will have a job by then hopefully.
And will be able to have my own computer
This is the email that I sent. I am waiting for a response now.
Screenshot 2024-02-01 10.28.07 AM.png

Last edited:
It's a school-provided Chromebook.
Same. Cheap and terrible laptops. Thats why I only use mine at school. Use my personal ones at home.
Do you use that gogardian app? Teachers can see what your looking at. And thats one reason I don't use it at home. some private spies out there.
The thing is, this site is a resource for my science fair project
cool
I wish I had more projects like that.

I am also using my school laptop right now. None of my teachers use gogardian stuff so its all good for me. b/c its high school. Middle school was awful with chromebooks. Teachers be spying on you every minute.

Same. Cheap and terrible laptops. Thats why I only use mine at school. Use my personal ones at home.
Do you use that gogardian app? Teachers can see what your looking at. And thats one reason I don't use it at home. some private spies out there.

cool
I wish I had more projects like that.

I am also using my school laptop right now. None of my teachers use gogardian stuff so its all good for me. b/c its high school. Middle school was awful with chromebooks. Teachers be spying on you every minute.
we use go guardian
Screenshot 2024-02-01 10.48.25 AM.png

Luckily at my school RCT isn't removed (yet). I always use RCT on my phone anyways, on 4G.

But here I have another problem, dutch schools are recently in a race to forbid mobile phones COMPLETELY. Whole school day, no phones during lessons and breaks. The school I go to only forbids phones during the lessons, but they're thinking about completely forbidding it.

The teachers reported me one year ago for using my phone during a lesson and next day I had to pick it up 1 hour after my last lesson. Now they got seriously way stricter, they can kick you out of the school for a week if you show phone too often.

Luckily at my school RCT isn't removed (yet). I always use RCT on my phone anyways, on 4G.

But here I have another problem, dutch schools are recently in a race to forbid mobile phones COMPLETELY. Whole school day, no phones during lessons and breaks. The school I go to only forbids phones during the lessons, but they're thinking about completely forbidding it.

The teachers reported me one year ago for using my phone during a lesson and next day I had to pick it up 1 hour after my last lesson. Now they got seriously way stricter, they can kick you out of the school for a week if you show phone too often.
With all the things going on in the world these days, I don't know if I wouldn't call my kid's school demanding they give his phone back to him if they tried that. No phone use during class time is understandable. But my kid contacts me every day on his breaks, and it's something I ain't giving up.

During class, no phones. During lunch, sure do whatever.
Some teachers are stricter than others. Most of them don't really care. On your phone, bad grade for you then. Your fault.
Not unless I want to work at the hobby shop. 😍
Or unless I'll be working on cars.
More fun than learning about freedman's bareu

I really don't use my phone in school because the Internet sucks on non school devices. It's super slow.

Last edited:
Back