Os21tm vs 3.3 power level

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2010450X

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I’ve been getting into racing my revo at our local track. There are a few jumps I just can’t clear with the current power of the 3.3. I’d rather not buy a bump box specifically for the revo to do a true buggy big block as I do already have one for my losi ten-t. I plan to buy a race specific buggy and truggy over the winter. But for the time being, would dropping in an Os21tm be a decent power upgrade? I’ve looked on multiple forums and seem to get mixed reviews on power. I do see that people say it’s much easier to tune than the 3.3. Looking for input in an otherwise dying class of racing.

It is quite a bit better than the 3.3 for power and tune. It's not like through a 28 big block in it, but it's a noticeable bump in low end torque. So much so, that you may shell your transmission out once it's fully broken in. I know I kept ripping up the primary output gears and ended up going with RRP steel for the entire transmission. Probably will benefit from a better pipe than stock as well. I have the THS "low end" pipe on mine. I was trying to get more out of the 3.3... gave up and got the 21TM.

I also have a big block revo with an LRP28S3 in it with the old new era "leaner" mount that allows you to use a pull start.

Both are fun.

This was the last time I ran my revo's, been a few years... they just sit on the shelf now.

More torque is what I’m after. I’ve got decent speed down the straight but definitely lacking coming out of the 2 corners before the triple. Thanks for the reply!

Wow thats an awesome place to run !!