My new FG Monster Truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well I ordered the FG Monster Truck on Monday from LargeScaleRC.com and it arrived Tuesday. Last night I installed all the electronics and the metal spur gear and gear carrier. Today I got to take it out for all of about 30 seconds due to me just giving it enough gas to move caused the tires to come off the rims (yes they where unglued but I wanted to see it move). At any rate I figured I'd post a few pics of these beast before I go glue the tires...

fg-monster-1.jpg

fg-monster-2.jpg

fg-monster-3.jpg

fg-monster-4.jpg

Yes the truck next to it is a Monster GT - those of you familiar with the MGT know that it itself isn't a small truck and even still the FG Monster Truck makes it look small.

The sound alone of the engine has me hooked - I can't wait till tomorrow after the glue has dried and I can really let this thing go!

-Michael

Did we even know you were thinking Large Scale?

I haven't been religiously reading all the posts..... but we (your people) need to know, when the main man is looking into a new ride.

Looks major cool!

Gotta love the weedeater sound!

Have fun,

Mr T

Mr T,

This wasn't a planned purchase. Since I've started LargeScaleForums.com and looking at the pictures and video's of these monsters I caved in and bought one. Next time I'll give everyone a heads up :D

-Michael

Hey Chief, Can we borrow your New FG when there is a show and want to introduce new members to your new forum?

Hehehe

Wow! That thing is HUGE! Good for you, Michael! Why don't you take a run out to Maysville this Saturday or Sunday and let Jet and I take a gander at that monster (and maybe turn a lap or two!)

Monkey,

Where is Maysville?

-Michael

Does it wheelie? LOL!

That thing rocks. I'm interested to hear how it runs once you get some time on it!

Does it have the 4wd conversion? I knew they came out with one a while back.

I've downloaded a lot of vids of that thing and it can take a decent beating. I'll be interested to see vids of yours as well!

This is where the race is being held this weekend that Jetmech and I are attending. I'll be the one fixing something on one of my rigs, YET AGAIN!

http://www.earlywineracing.com/index.html

Monkey,

I'll talk to you more about this tomorrow - but it looks like it's only about an hour and a half away from Lexingont. I might run up there on Sunday!

-Michael

Nice Job Michael......you are going to get me hooked in there....I just have to get passed my Mugen Truggy itus..... And I have to convience the wife it is natural to have 6 or seven rigs running at once....;)

Nice lokking rig take vids for us....please.

Mike Out

Well.. i wouldn't do this for just any one but why don't you send that my way and ill glue them tires for ya!:drool:. . . any ways! NICE! we need VIDS!!:jittery:

Nice work boss.

I am resisting the urge to pick-up one of those MCD 4x4 rigs.

That vid you posted of the tug-a-war was insane.

The MCD's are heavier and of course 4WD thus making one heck of a pulling machine. I just wasn't up to spending $1,500 - $1,600 for a truck w/o engine, pipe, or any electronics.

For my backyard bashing the FG should do just fine - though I am like most of you... still a part of me wants a 4WD! :D

Video? I don't have a video camera so which of you are going to send me theirs? :)

-Michael

I gotta have one of these... but you know... I am very lucky I got approval to have what I do have. So I am not complaining.... I still want one though!

Like I posted in the Large scale forum..... I do live on a working farm... maybe I could hook one of those beasts to a plow and convience her that it is a piece of farm equipment! LOL

Tom

I so need one of those.... lol Have to see what tax man says..

Back