New Bright Snake Bite Monster truck repair

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mroman59

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello i have a New Bright Snake Bite Monster Truck and I am looking for some information about how to repair it. The company does not sell replacement parts. All four wheels stopped turning. First the two driver side (front and back) at the same time and then the two passenger side (front and back) at same time. I checked each motor separately after disconnecting them from the circuit board. All four motors worked during test. Then I checked the voltage to the connections as I moved the controller arms (circuit board turned on). I was able to get above 13 volts at each connection with wires off. I cleaned the terminals with electric cleaner, even though the terminals looked good. As I started connecting each wire back to the circuit board one at a time, I notice that I could not get the wheels moving again. It appears that once you add a load back on to it it shuts off the current. There are four connections , one for each tire. Does anyone know what may be going on and how to fix it? Thanks

Do the each motors have gears to spin the tires? If so check the gears and the mesh in-between both gears. If its driven by an axle, check the axle. Other than that I can't think of any other reason. For those kind of cars, once its broke, its broke forever, sadly.

How are the wheels hooked on? Is it buy a wheel nut, or is it maybe glued to the gear and/or axle?

Last edited:
Hello i have a New Bright Snake Bite Monster Truck and I am looking for some information about how to repair it. The company does not sell replacement parts. All four wheels stopped turning. First the two driver side (front and back) at the same time and then the two passenger side (front and back) at same time. I checked each motor separately after disconnecting them from the circuit board. All four motors worked during test. Then I checked the voltage to the connections as I moved the controller arms (circuit board turned on). I was able to get above 13 volts at each connection with wires off. I cleaned the terminals with electric cleaner, even though the terminals looked good. As I started connecting each wire back to the circuit board one at a time, I notice that I could not get the wheels moving again. It appears that once you add a load back on to it it shuts off the current. There are four connections , one for each tire. Does anyone know what may be going on and how to fix it? Thanks
I hate to be negative, but it's unlikely you'll be able to get this going again. New Bright RCs are toy grade RCs and not built the same way hobby grade RCs are built. Even if you find someone that happens to know about New Bright RCs in here, you won't be able to get replacement parts to fix it, as you're well aware. I hope someone in here can help you and I wish you the best in getting it running again.

I'd keep the body off of it to retro fit it onto something else. Toss the rest.
I was wondering if a retro fit solution is possible. Do you have any website suggestions for parts that would be good or do you suggest taking parts out of another RC vehicle?

I was wondering if a retro fit solution is possible. Do you have any website suggestions for parts that would be good or do you suggest taking parts out of another RC vehicle?
I suggest buying another RC like a used Traxxas Stampede or Arrma Gorgon and mounting that Snake Bite body onto it.

this is what a 1/14 scale model.so the suggested 1/10 scale rc wont work with these model.Id suggest investing another 30$ and buy another new brite.

Id suggest investing another 30$ and buy another new brite.
Or spending around 200 bucks (300 bucks for battery charger n tools) for an actual starter hobby grade one that will be
1) Faster
2) Durable
3) Reliable
4) Replacement parts if you break
5) Service-able everything and electronics
6) Can last for years and years of fun, while a cheapo Walmart / Target / Amazon one is fun for about 10 or so minutes before it is boring

Id start out with either a
Traxxas 2wd platform
Traxxas 4x4 platform
Arrma 4x4 platform (1/10)
Arrma Gorgon
Losi Mini's
Associated SC10 (MT10, Reflex 14 and others)
And thats just for 1/10 and mini offroad bashers. So many different areas of RC. There is onroad, Mini / Micro, Mini Z, Boats heli plane drone crawlers drag

Last edited:
If you like monster trucks I would recommend a 2WD Traxxas for a bit more than $200. It will come with everything you need to get started. Every part on the truck is replaceable and every RC hobby shop stocks them.

Do the each motors have gears to spin the tires? If so check the gears and the mesh in-between both gears. If its driven by an axle, check the axle. Other than that I can't think of any other reason. For those kind of cars, once its broke, its broke forever, sadly.

How are the wheels hooked on? Is it buy a wheel nut, or is it maybe glued to the gear and/or axle?
Each motor has a set of gears which turn the wheel. The wheel is hooked on by a screw into an axle with a gear, the gear is turned by a set of gears that are turned by a smaller gear attached to the motor.

Back