My LHS Went - Going Out Of Business Sale

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marauder

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
So I was making a trip over to my LHS to get some parts and they had a sign 50% off everything, store is closing Jan 10th. I guess today was the first day of the sale. Anyway, I wasn't expecting to leave with anything major but I just had to buy something...

I picked up a New Losi Mini-LST2 w/2.4ghz for $75

Bro got a New O.S. 18 CV-RX and 2 Sets of 1/10th Tires for $39

Dad got a new JR FM radio w/servos/battery/charger/esc for $75 and all the hpi mt2 parts she had. I'm going back over their house to see what all he bought. I had to get the Mini-LST2 out of the box to check it out. Man this thing is pretty cool.

I guess I'm back into the mini-scale. I kinda like it.

Dang, I should send you the money for a Mini LST and pay for you to ship it to me, that's cheap!

Congrats on the buys, but it sucks to know that they won't be around anymore.

I hate to see news like this, RC has come so far and so many improvements and advances, the hobby growing larger and larger every year and it hurts to see our local guys shutting down due to internet competition and a poor economy.

It's the LHS that is our person to person, hands on guys in this hobby, seeing them close doesn't do anything for the hobby but hurt it.

Yeah, this is basically due to the owner passing last Christmas. His daughter was unable to maintain the shop. He had been using disability money to keep the place alive during hard times. The owner's daughter tried to take over, but she did a mediocre job at best. I hate to see a shop go, but this shop was pretty much done when Kenny passed. He was a great asset to the hobby, he is/was very loved among the local r/c community. I was so excited that we got the deals I neglected the details of why the shop was actually closing. It is by no means good news in the long run, but the lady that ran the shop for the past year was setting it up for failure. She was not there for the sale, it was the rest of the family who were probably entitled to the earnings or something.

Actually looking at the receipt, the engine was only $5.90. Odd...

There was an OS 12 CV (Red v-shaped head, I think was CV) and OS 15 CV (Blue V-Shaped head I think was CV) there as well, if they still had them I might pick it up for someone in need at cost. The OS 12 was $55 and the OS 15 was $50 after discount.

Those are some sweet deals, hopefully you have somewhere else close to pick up quick parts and supplies. ;)

I'm probably going to pick up those other two engines if I can afford to, provided they are still there. I didn't want to throw them on my credit card. I'd like to at least pass the good deal on to someone here who would benefit from it.

I actually rarely go to this shop because the lady never has anything in stock. She always wants to order things in, she never would keep items in stock. I usually drive about .5hr to Hobbytown USA or PitRow.

I just scored a Thunder Power 1010c charger for $25.00!!! Woohoo!

Bought two giant cans of dynamite nitro cleaner for $3/each.

Also found an rpm bearing blaster at the bottom of an old dusty box. Appeared to be brand new, been wanting one for a while but I always thought it was a bit overpriced.

Also note they had these T-Maxx sand paddles for 50% off. No demand here for them, you guys out west may be interested thought.
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65720

The shop was mostly geared toward planes as Kenny was an avid rc pilot and the most local support was in flying. They usually had a few nitro and electric rtr in stock, but I'm willing to bet that stuff was gone the second they said 50% off because they'd throw it on e-bay and make $50-100.

They packed nearly everything up and sent it to flea markets.

Back