My HPI Savage X is on factory setting and it's revving like mad

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul grayshon

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello guys, i'm new to this community so just bare with me. Today my savage doesn't run well for couple of days now and its really annoying me. For some reason my savage is revving like mad when no throttle is applied. I'm using 25% Opti Fuel petrol, Throttle trim is in the middle and also steering trim, my idle is on 1mm gap by using paper clip method, High speed needle and Low speed is on the richer side but not too rich because i tried to low down the revving, wheels spinning on its own in the air and the car moves on the ground with no throttle applied. is there any suggestions to have a look and check what's the problem? Thanks in advance and stay safe and well

First, back off the throttle trim.
it is already set. if i lower it .it just stalls . it does not just rev high . if i let it go it could probly fly its that bad revs up to max on its own

So, at the high idle it will stall when you lower the trim? At this point I would suggest you richen the LSN and while doing that adjust the idle trim accordingly. You should have the trim set all the way down and only raise it when starting cold. When you get it to the proper idle with a good take off from a dead start, the LSN rarely needs any more adjusting. The HSN is the one you adjust for WOT (Wide Open Throttle). It should run without stuttering or blubbering while still showing a good stream of blue smoke. The HSN usually needs a little tweaking for the daily changes in outside temp and humidity.

So, at the high idle it will stall when you lower the trim? At this point I would suggest you richen the LSN and while doing that adjust the idle trim accordingly. You should have the trim set all the way down and only raise it when starting cold. When you get it to the proper idle with a good take off from a dead start, the LSN rarely needs any more adjusting. The HSN is the one you adjust for WOT (Wide Open Throttle). It should run without stuttering or blubbering while still showing a good stream of blue smoke. The HSN usually needs a little tweaking for the daily changes in outside temp and humidity.
thanks i shall have ago later

Back