My HPI Jumpshot MT "project".

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I picked up an HPI Jumpshot MT V2 that I am planning on converting into a monster short course truck. The plan is to get the Jumpshot SC chassis plates, and then purple Integy caster blocks, steering blocks, and rear hubs, then upgrade the transmission to the Flux metal gears, and see if it can take a high power 3S setup.
IMG_20221114_123015353.jpg
IMG_20221114_124104174.jpg

Not familiar with the Jumpshot. Is that a newer or older rig?
Newer. The V2 i have is the newest HPI brushed truck. They make an SC, an MT, and an ST version of both the V2 and the brushless Flux. I only picked it up because it was super cheap, and parts are cheap for it, but, a couple people i know that have them say they are pretty durable, so, we shall see, once its done.

Jumpshot is one of my favorite chassis. Watching with interest to see how this comes together for you. :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

'AC'
It will actually be a bit. I picked this up intending to have this be my next build, but, then, last night i picked up two complete AE ProSC10's that have stripped diff gears, so, before the Jumpshot is done, I'm going to do the all metal DR10 gears and get both of the SC10's running first. One is going to be the stock ProSC10 body, and one is going to alternate between the Trophy Rat and SR10 body.

Newer. The V2 i have is the newest HPI brushed truck. They make an SC, an MT, and an ST version of both the V2 and the brushless Flux. I only picked it up because it was super cheap, and parts are cheap for it, but, a couple people i know that have them say they are pretty durable, so, we shall see, once its done.
Ahhh OK. It probably is pretty durable, at least if the TVPs are any indication :)

Sweetness! A person doesn't often get to see HPI platforms get attention.
The whole thing started because of an odd bet a friend and i have, thats been going on for a couple years. He will pick up a vehicle from one company, and then ill pick one up from another company, and, we will do minimal things to make them personalized/unique, and then see who has the more "bashable" (in other words, which truck can take the most abuse before breaking) truck at a local skate park. I only picked the HPI because another guy i know said it would be a better truck, since, at the time i was bouncing back and forth between a Blitz (which i will probably still get in the next round) and an older SC10. This round, once its done, its gonna be the Jumpshot vs. an Arrma Vorteks 4x2 to see who breaks first, and, since winter has hit, and it wont be above 40 degrees F again until at least march, it should be interesting.

It will actually be a bit. I picked this up intending to have this be my next build, but, then, last night i picked up two complete AE ProSC10's that have stripped diff gears, so, before the Jumpshot is done, I'm going to do the all metal DR10 gears and get both of the SC10's running first. One is going to be the stock ProSC10 body, and one is going to alternate between the Trophy Rat and SR10 body.
How much did you pay for it? New or used? It looks super cool, I would like to get one but it's quite expensive for what it is

How much did you pay for it? New or used? It looks super cool, I would like to get one but it's quite expensive for what it is
Used, on eBay. Every once in awhile they show up on there for $150 or less. I paid $130 for this one. Right now though, the only thing on there are two V2 MT sliders, and a V2 SC slider, for $99 each. Typically, ill start with something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/394102215316?hash=item5bc2529294:g:CB8AAOSwwYBimn8I&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAoOyb3a4o6JE7qPFnuujpKXvOCsp87biqa+/+9RudMkDUKKrayhaproJzgr4aXUOhvoEmK1bTkko5ipGLDkwu32bRQuNS/4nx9HjJHAQPuIszKcfDCjLhsARjIAG3fVyjCXTQrg7IcHlh8s0YkL6wWG0d1f47sjOeIN8SAzrgekpZ8cv5rNMPfiz40l8pSyv8yEcAxrWUsQfu4rWU4PRmV8M=|tkp:Bk9SR5Tv14KWYQ&LH_BIN=1 and build it how i want it, but, i fell into the one i have, because it came nearly complete, which is rare at that price on eBay.

I may end up leaving this an MT though. I finally got to run it a few times, and it doesn't seem to have the issues most MT's do, like the constant rolling over at higher speeds, and seems to jump and flip really well. It reminds me of the original 2WD Arrma Granite, and how that drove, which is one of the only MT's i actually liked, so, i may leave this one an MT, and just get an SC slider to build.

An update on this. I havent even gotten it on 3S yet, only 2S, and it is a major handful, so, more than likely it will end up being another monster short course, like most of mine end up being. However, before i do the SCT conversion, i plan on running it at some point at the skate park so i can see just how durable it is or isnt.

View attachment 167327

It's 119mm / 4.685" long. It is eye to eye, but the perspective makes it look like the left eye is not aligned.
Thank you! Is that the rear shock measurement? Now, if I can find some decent aluminum shocks to fit, I might have to take a good hard look at pushing a Buy It Now button. 😉 :cool:

Last edited:
Whoops you needed both. :D Yes:
Rear shock is 119mm (4.685"), with 30,0 mm (1.181") of travel. Weight: 17 gram (0,6 oz)
Front shock is 102mm (4.016"), with also 30,0 mm (1.181") of travel. Weight: 15 gram (0,53 oz)

I am sure you have found something by now, but these are the shocks I got in dark blue, 100mm (front) and 120mm (rear).
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005..._main.108.2b3779d2f3QUl0&gatewayAdapt=glo2nld
If the link doesn't work: NewEnronPlusStore on aliexpress.

Haven't installed the rears yet but the fronts are good. They are oil tight, there's a little bit of friction but they're smooth enough to work, and they look nice.

Back