My dad and his Redcat Kaiju are full of themselves.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChadCharlieG

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My dad has really been getting on my nerves recently. :)

Every time he starts playing with his Redcat Kaiju on 6s he gets a big head and claims all big name brands (Traxxas, Arrma, Etc.) can not match the value. (My brother getting his Slash 4x4 Ultimate did not help.) I know that isn't true, but I can't find any good representatives. He's paid $450 for the Kaiju and for upgrade parts.

Anybody care to prove him wrong?

Just be happy that he's happy, As long as everyone is happy with what they are driving, I don't see a problem. Enjoy what you have, It's a hobby not a contest.
I get that but he still hurts my feelings- He's not just insulting the name brands, but acting like some overconfident child. He literally ruined my SCT because he thought it was a good idea to use it as a ramp. He also ran into my brother and made him cry and had the audacity to say "Oh, he's mad because he lost." So I kind of want to get back at him in a "peaceful" way, and find something that will stop him from acting like a jerk. This might sound like some family drama thing, but it's more that I just want to see his face when he isn't the best anymore. :)

Last edited:
I understand where you’re coming from but you still have your Dad. I lost my Dad when I was 14, so yeah, maybe work on your skills and out-drive him, but having your Dad in your life is a gift.

There's a big thread at the arrma forum talking about the kaiju and it's shortcomings. A lot of them can be dealt with and it can be a decent truck. It seems it's not the redcat we knew from 10+ years ago, but it's still not bulletproof.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/anyone-interested-in-the-new-redcat-kaiju-mt-1-8.18920/

My dad passed away many years ago and just couldn't comprehend the money I spent on RC. He came from a time/world where frivolous things were unnecessary and rare to have. He had very little in his youth that wasn't something that didn't have a purpose. Growing up how he did and me being the "oops" baby (last of 6) when he was in his late 40's probably didn't help. I didn't get into the hobby until I was in my early 20's and on my own.

He appreciated the engineering in it and knowledge it took to maintain them and keep them running. I ran nitro when he was alive, so it related to him more as he understood engines and whatnot.

It sounds like your pop is being a bit of a bully... I never had that, so I'm not sure what to suggest for you, other than to maybe not run your truck with him anymore and perhaps he will get the hint.

Last edited:
Having already lost my dad at the age of only 56 and having just lost my brother 2 weeks ago at the age of 44 Id say dont get to caught up in people imperfections. Just like every kit ever made (except possibly the Savage? lmao) everyone has weaknesses. If it were me Id try and use humor to defuse the situation. When he starts talking smack playfully talk smack back about his kit or his driving or whatever it is. If its done in good fun then it may take some of the wind out of his sails and he may just joke around about it more than trying to be a bully. If that doesn't work then once he started doing that I would just stop playing, put my stuff up and go inside and do something else. He'll get the hint eventually that its not fun for you when he does that. just my .02

Having already lost my dad at the age of only 56 and having just lost my brother 2 weeks ago at the age of 44 Id say dont get to caught up in people imperfections. Just like every kit ever made (except possibly the Savage? lmao) everyone has weaknesses. If it were me Id try and use humor to defuse the situation. When he starts talking smack playfully talk smack back about his kit or his driving or whatever it is. If its done in good fun then it may take some of the wind out of his sails and he may just joke around about it more than trying to be a bully. If that doesn't work then once he started doing that I would just stop playing, put my stuff up and go inside and do something else. He'll get the hint eventually that its not fun for you when he does that. just my .02
That seems like some solid advice. I'm sorry that happened to you.

just take your so called better truck and go run circles around him or play doctor destructo. crash just messing ..let him have his fun he put up with you so let him have his day

Seems hard that you need to be the mature one, but if you can enjoy the time, he might just be justifying the car to himself when he really wishes he had something else?

You lookin to beat him in a race or break his car with a seperate car?
You could buy a Teton, upgrade most of the plastic to RPM, and it will be basically indestructable. Or A WLtoys buggy with an upgraded engine would destroy it in speed.

Not exactly- I just wanna be faster than him. And the Xmaxx only hits like 60 mph AND costs too much for me.
OK. you have lots of options. what is his cars top speed if you had to estimate?

Back