My dad and his Redcat Kaiju are full of themselves.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dad has really been getting on my nerves recently. :)

Every time he starts playing with his Redcat Kaiju on 6s he gets a big head and claims all big name brands (Traxxas, Arrma, Etc.) can not match the value. (My brother getting his Slash 4x4 Ultimate did not help.) I know that isn't true, but I can't find any good representatives. He's paid $450 for the Kaiju and for upgrade parts.

Anybody care to prove him wrong?
. . . my Dad died when I was 21, wish I had a Dad growing up, maybe that will put things in perspective.

. . . my Dad died when I was 21, wish I had a Dad growing up, maybe that will put things in perspective.
I'm sorry about how you guys feel, and I'm sorry, but my dad is not exactly a good person. And when your dad is not a good person, then you have a completely different outlook on life. He bullies my younger brother. He disrespects my mom. So I sat down with him and had a chat with him and told him how I felt, and I guess he understood. If I knew how to remove this thread, I would have. But for now, understand that not all dads are created equal. While yours were probably absolutely wonderful, mine isn't.

Hi Mate, sounds like you have a real issue there, and well done for looking for creative solutions rather than writing him off.

You could get a Tekno MT410, pretty much the bee’s knees in bashers. A new version should probably be out soon though (following the release of the V2 racing buggy / truggy platform), so wait for that if you’re going for the best. You could also make a V2 MT410 from the full racing kits as they are a bit higher spec’d than the basher version.

Add a Hobbywing XR8 Pro G2 with their G3 4274 truggy motor for full bragging rights. ;)

But quite honestly, the best fun to be had with these things is when you can drive them with reckless abandon. 🤣 And it sounds like you’re already there in not being too caught up in it all, just wanting to have fun.

Just know that the Kaiju, although great, is by far NOT the best truck out there.

And most importantly, your attitude is a whole lot better than your dad’s.

Good on you for helping him out so you can all have more fun together! 👍

Best of luck man.

Hey guys I'm sure hes glad his dad is around. doesn't change his pops acting like a jerk. Prob even in good fun but he dont wanna loose any more. U remember the times trying to out run ur dad or arm wrestling him??? U remember the first time u won and how I felt? Ok then. Give this dude a rig and some upgrades to out run/bash that Kaiju. Then ball in dads court

Hi. I'd like to point out that I love my dad. While he is far from perfect, I am too. He's still amazing to me because he is my dad. I actually just made this post mostly out of anger... However, the responses from you guys hit and made me look at things from a different perspective. At the end of the day I'm a moody teenager who needs to practice patience. And by the way, he's chilled out a bit. So all is resolved in my books. Oh, and one last thing. I'd like to apologise to those of you who's father has passed away.

Hi. I'd like to point out that I love my dad. While he is far from perfect, I am too. He's still amazing to me because he is my dad. I actually just made this post mostly out of anger... However, the responses from you guys hit and made me look at things from a different perspective. At the end of the day I'm a moody teenager who needs to practice patience. And by the way, he's chilled out a bit. So all is resolved in my books. Oh, and one last thing. I'd like to apologise to those of you who's father has passed away.
I don’t see any need to apologise mate. You came here in good humour looking for a creative way to improve your family relationships. Very mature, and full credit to you in my mind!

I didn’t take it that you were saying your dad was that bad at all, quite the opposite in fact, you were obviously trying to find ways to improve a relationship you valued.

While my heart totally goes out to anyone who has lost loved ones of any description... It is fully understandable to me that there is every potential for people to have a worse influence on our lives, than if they were not there.

A good person in our lives is a positive, an absent person is a zero, but a bad person can be a full on negative.

It is inappropriate to say to a child who’s parent abuses them, that they’re lucky to have a parent at all, because some people don’t have parents!

I didn’t take it you were saying your situation was all that bad, and again, my heart goes out to anyone living without those they love, but we absolutely need to be sensitive to those who may very well be in an even worse position than ourselves.

Glad you’re doing well with it mate! You seem pretty darn onto it I reckon. 👍

Cheers!

I'm pretty sure most teenagers have issues with their parents anyway. I was always mad at my dad when I was a teenager. Sometimes he deserved it other times he did not. In the end though I felt the same way about my dad, He wasn't perfect but he was awesome just because he was my dad. It wasn't until I was getting in to my early to mid 20s, when I was out on my own, that my relationship with my dad really became close and then a few years later he was gone. So I guess my main point was that what you're going through with your dad will change over time and you better try and enjoy all the people you cherish in this world cuz one day you'll wake up and they will be gone. This is why I try to never go to bed when I'm still mad at someone I care about cuz I dont want to wake up and not have the chance to make it better. :)

Oh and one more thing to consider. Your dad has his own inner demons and personal issues to deal with also. (We all do). I never realized this about my dad until i was older. Just because he looked solid on the outside didnt mean he was solid on the inside. Sometimes my dad would do or say things that didnt make any sense to me at the time and Id just think he was being stupid or whatever. When I got older I realized that he had his own issues that were stressing him out or whatever and then me acting like a hooligan teenager just added to his already heavy load. I never understood the types of pressure my dad was under or the personal issues he was dealing with until I was much much older. The older I get the more I understand how much I didnt really know when I was younger.

Hope this helps in some way :)

I'm pretty sure most teenagers have issues with their parents anyway. I was always mad at my dad when I was a teenager. Sometimes he deserved it other times he did not. In the end though I felt the same way about my dad, He wasn't perfect but he was awesome just because he was my dad. It wasn't until I was getting in to my early to mid 20s, when I was out on my own, that my relationship with my dad really became close and then a few years later he was gone. So I guess my main point was that what you're going through with your dad will change over time and you better try and enjoy all the people you cherish in this world cuz one day you'll wake up and they will be gone. This is why I try to never go to bed when I'm still mad at someone I care about cuz I dont want to wake up and not have the chance to make it better. :)

Oh and one more thing to consider. Your dad has his own inner demons and personal issues to deal with also. (We all do). I never realized this about my dad until i was older. Just because he looked solid on the outside didnt mean he was solid on the inside. Sometimes my dad would do or say things that didnt make any sense to me at the time and Id just think he was being stupid or whatever. When I got older I realized that he had his own issues that were stressing him out or whatever and then me acting like a hooligan teenager just added to his already heavy load. I never understood the types of pressure my dad was under or the personal issues he was dealing with until I was much much older. The older I get the more I understand how much I didnt really know when I was younger.

Hope this helps in some way :)
Man, wise words!

It’s amazing how diffusing it is to a situation where someone is attacking or bullying, to be strong enough to take a step back from feeling vulnerable or defensive oneself... and think what’s going on for them and ask if they are doing ok.

You hit the nail on the head. Its something I’m still trying to get better at myself. The times I have been able to though, the other party has always recognised on some level, they were only striking out because at some time they didn’t feel cared for, and someone showing care toward them takes away the whole basis of the anger.

Turning the other cheek so to speak. 👍

Also spot on about not understanding parents until you’re much older. Man, if I could just go back to my teens with what I know now!

Cheers.

Back