Mugen MBX5 Prospec Thread :)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mikeburgin said:
hey guys hope you all had a good christmas and a drunken new year :)

Christmas was good, and I about to try out the drunken New Year real soon.

LOL!!!!!!!! Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike, are those trimmed knuckles on that buggy?

I'm having trouble setting the toe on the front wheels, I'm getting some bumpsteer, hw do i get rid of the bumpsteer? tryed everything

started to run the ws7II in today. on the second tank which is the tank i stopped it sounds like its real rich but is getting fast. when its at 200 i can't torn the engine over with my fingers. the engine has a hard ytime getting above 200 lucky i had the tin foil and heatgun nearby to keep it up to temp as i ran. i think i got a good clutch setup because this thing has lots of lowend already and its factory tune.

CorradoPsi said:
mike, are those trimmed knuckles on that buggy?
yup, still need to to be trimmed a little more though

so why arent you just using thier "badlands" tire, if thats the aggresiveness that you need? its a nice trim job btw.

The bad lands are too much for the track if you ask me. Too high of a tread unless the dirt is thick. I used knuckels cut almost like Mikes last year at a track the CF's did well on.

ok, i dont get to play around with aggressive tires like that because all the tracks i run on are hard packed stuff. the most aggressive tires i have are mugshots for days when it rains really hard the day before and you have to worry about clearing mud.

crzy-svg-usr, to get rid of bumpsteer you can shim up your ackerman arm or buy one of the aftermarket ackerman arms that have this corrected (Ratzas or whatever that brand is). I figured the mbx5 prospec would have a newly designed ackerman arm. This is not the case?

Last edited:
crzy-svgsuser you must have your toe in set wrong if your getting bumpsteer, mine handles like a dream, I'm running 1degree toe out each side on the front, there is also a chance that you have your steering knuckles done up to tight so you suspension is pinching on one side causing bump steer due to uneven suspension settings, or you havent got the width setup the same on both sides !!!!!!!!! you shouldnt be getting bump steer

hmm i have a lot of toe out that might be my problem thanks guys ill try that out tonight

crzy-svg-usr said:
hmm i have a lot of toe out that might be my problem thanks guys ill try that out tonight
just make sure you set it with your car at normal ride hight, so dropped on the bench and sat how it would be on the track

I know a lot of guys said the original mbx5 had bump steer. A lot of the pro drivers were putting 2-3mm washers under the ackerman to raise it up. I think the prospec ackerman is redesigned though. (I donno I don't have the prospec).

bigfreak said:
I know a lot of guys said the original mbx5 had bump steer. A lot of the pro drivers were putting 2-3mm washers under the ackerman to raise it up. I think the prospec ackerman is redesigned though. (I donno I don't have the prospec).

I don't know if the it is any differant geometry than the regular MBX-5, but it is alot thicker, and honed out like the shock towers.

Pics of my Prospec MBX5

Here are some of my pics

Rolex888 said:
Here are some of my pics
geeeze how much fuel line you got an that puppy, other than the fuel line our cars look like twins as long as i have the rb in and not the nova

mikeburgin said:
geeeze how much fuel line you got an that puppy, other than the fuel line our cars look like twins as long as i have the rb in and not the nova

Mike, were you being sarcastic, cause it doesn't look like he has enough.. I could be way off, but I thought you wanted 8-10" of fuel line on the supply.

Hey Rolex, nice ride man... Where could I find one of those fuel bulbs that your using? Do they work good? No more finger over the pipe ?

Back