Mugen MBX5 Prospec Thread :)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fixed the link. It's just a link to another RCNT thread.

so I looked at my spur again and I was wrong! It didn't hang out I was pushing to hard and made the plasic fex which mad it rub on the spur :shrug:

crzy-svg-usr, I was checkin out the spur gear on my mbx5. It's completely flush with the bottom of the chassis. I could see how you could move the spur by running something across the chassis. Could you post a pic? I was going to show a pic of mine but the damn camera needs batts.

yea ill go snap a pic be back in 2 min.......

ok i guess its just right there

mugen030.jpg

mugen032.jpg

Yep looks just fine to me. Savager how far are you in to the build?

crzy-svg-usr, that's completely normal. Mine probably does stick out the bottom a fraction of an inch. It's just such a small amount that I can't see it.

what starter box do u guys use?

i go tht eofna blue bottom one with the chrome top, the wheel sticks out a lot and is like hitting the flywheel without it being pushed down yet? whats up with that

Savager i have the same one. You have to. use those little black pegs. You put them in the slots of the lid so they hold the 4 corners of the buggy. I am actully haveing problems with the box not spinniong the flywheel.

I use the blue box also. I had to grind the black tabs a bunch with the mugen. The car wouldn't hit the wheel without pushing HARD and the last thing I want is my pit guy trying to get the push just right to start it.

well painted up the body tonight, first airbrush job and second body i ever painted, came out ok i think

mugenbody021.jpg

crzy-svg-usr, looks real good. did you use bob divley's LFM? That stuff is wicked hard to use (so sticky). I should post a pic of mine but it's so dirty. It's embarassing.

As far as a starter box, I personally feel the single-motor 12v gelcel powered boxes are best (ofna makes one I'm retty sure). I actually have a 2 motor mugen box that's supposed to take stick packs, but I've wired it up to a gelcel and sometimes I hook it up to my car battery. When it comes time to fire up that RB, the more amps you have the better off you will be. (RB's are really stiff when new)

2 1100 mah sticks = 2.2 amps @ 14.4v
2 2200 mah sticks = 4.4 amps @ 14.4v
2 3000 mah sticks = 6.0 amps @ 14.4v
1 gelcel = 7.0 amps @ 12v
1 car battery = 40-50 (???) amps @ 12v

The more amps you have hooked up to your starter box the better you'll be able to turn the engine over. Volts are that big of a deal for the starter box. They don't hand out trophies for the "fastest" starter box. :shrug:

sorry for getting side tracked. Also I wouldn't stress about the wheel touching the flywheel too soon. As long as it turns it over.

yes the Ofna blue bos is a single-motor 12v gelcel

bigfreak said:
crzy-svg-usr, looks real good. did you use bob divley's LFM? That stuff is wicked hard to use (so sticky). I should post a pic of mine but it's so dirty. It's embarassing.

bobs what? lol if thats paint no i used parma faskolor and faspearl

i have a single 12v motor starterbxo the ofna one, ill have to hook it up to the car when breaking in the rb can never have too much power :spit:

Last edited by a moderator:
bob divley's is liquid masking paint it on then peel off.

ahh no i used some 1/8 tape and some inch tape

hey guys hope you all had a good christmas and a drunken new year :)

Attachments

• DSCF0043.JPG
    DSCF0043.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 135
Back