Most durable basher?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Granite we have is a piece of crap. I regret buying it. If you're going 10th scale, I'd definitely grab the MT10. If going 8th, the Kraton. But AE also makes the MT8. I'd be curious to know how good that one is.
My Typhon 3s literally just sits in a box somewhere. MT10 has been around for quite some time, it was originally a Helion Avenge 10MT then when Helion went away Associated bought the design and released it again. https://rcnewb.com/helion-avenge-10mt-xb-monster-truck/

MT8 is not that great, stock electronics are not good, motor and esc are just okay rebranded 8bl150 that is program locked and the usual 2200kv motor, the arms and camber links are fragile as well. Complete opposite of the MT10. Neither car is actually made by Associated but some manufacturer in China, the Redcat Kaiju is also made by the same manufacture it suffers the same issues as the MT8.

My only basher is a Rustler VXL (Traxxas) and I have to say; it's fun to drive but expensive to keep running. I've broken every thing, and I'm a pretty good driver.

My only basher is a Rustler VXL (Traxxas) and I have to say; it's fun to drive but expensive to keep running. I've broken every thing, and I'm a pretty good driver.

I'm a pretty good driver and the only things I have broken on my Rustler in the past year and a half is a steering bellcrank, a shock rod end, an a arm and a couple rear camber links. I've learned it's a 1/10 scale Stadium truck, not a boat, not a plane and definitely not a tank so it only sees a dirt track with very minimal air time and I try not to run into everything.

it only sees a dirt track with very minimal air time and I try not to run into everything.
wheres the fun in that? :eek:

Seriously though, the way you run your car definately depicts how often they break. Most of my bashers are in flight close to half the pack runtime. I accept the consequences. The parts cost is worth the fun to me.

I think the most durable basher would be the one that takes Kevin Talbot type abuse the longest. Then if you drove less aggressively, ok fine, like a 'normal' person, then it would last a very long time between breakdowns.

wheres the fun in that? :eek:

Seriously though, the way you run your car definately depicts how often they break. Most of my bashers are in flight close to half the pack runtime. I accept the consequences. The parts cost is worth the fun to me.

I think the most durable basher would be the one that takes Kevin Talbot type abuse the longest. Then if you drove less aggressively, ok fine, like a 'normal' person, then it would last a very long time between breakdowns.
Oh I have cars dedicated specifically for that purpose. I have different cars for different types of driving and the different areas I drive at. My Rustler is one of my "track cars" that I drive at the homemade rc track. If I want to do big air I take my Arrma Kraton or Outcast. If I want to run laps around the bmx track I bust out my ET48.3.

I've had a few bashers, since getting back into RC last June, and built a couple of Teknos, including the MT410. The Tekno stuff is better quality, and there's no comparison for any type of racing, but, I didn't want to tear up expensive race cars, street bashing. I had trouble tearing bodies up, on the MT410. The Xmaxx was fun for a while, but was a lot for neighborhood use, and handled like a boat. Swapping out the crap servo was a PITA-had to take the whole front end off, then cut some chassis. After all that, still had to fight it, to go back togther. HPI Vorza S bent a shock tower, 1st time out. 6s Infraction is a great street basher, for smooth paved surfaces, but had a tire consumption problem. I've been abusing an MT10, all the while, and that thing is a glutton for punishment, and fun to drive-still going strong, on 2s. Arrma Big Rock 3s-slipper holds it back, for me. Arrma Kraton 4s V2.5-steers like a cruise ship, but can be corrected with a servo upgrade and servo saver. Favorite dirt basher so far, Kraton 6s EXB. Runs awesome on 4s, with punch one down from full. I have a HW XR8 plus I may drop into it. I'd have to go with the K6s EXB, for best all round RTR basher, out of the box. I have a Tekno truggy kit waiting to build. If those guys could provide some appealing and durable body systems, they'd sell a lot more kits.

When everyone is referencing the Tekno MT410 are you talking about the new smaller version or the original bigger one?

I heard good things about the older bigger version but not much out there on the new smaller 2.0 version.

I have both versions and they are different sizes, 1/8 vs 1/10, but both are terrific quality and well made.

I have a SCT410-2.0 on the way as well, so that's three 410s... Tekno really needs some help with their model "names". :happy:

Closest thing I have on hand with a side by side comparison. MT10-2.0 is under the E-Maxx, original MT410 is next to the Summit

1YNik0I.jpg

I've had a few bashers, since getting back into RC last June, and built a couple of Teknos, including the MT410. The Tekno stuff is better quality, and there's no comparison for any type of racing, but, I didn't want to tear up expensive race cars, street bashing. I had trouble tearing bodies up, on the MT410. The Xmaxx was fun for a while, but was a lot for neighborhood use, and handled like a boat. Swapping out the crap servo was a PITA-had to take the whole front end off, then cut some chassis. After all that, still had to fight it, to go back togther. HPI Vorza S bent a shock tower, 1st time out. 6s Infraction is a great street basher, for smooth paved surfaces, but had a tire consumption problem. I've been abusing an MT10, all the while, and that thing is a glutton for punishment, and fun to drive-still going strong, on 2s. Arrma Big Rock 3s-slipper holds it back, for me. Arrma Kraton 4s V2.5-steers like a cruise ship, but can be corrected with a servo upgrade and servo saver. Favorite dirt basher so far, Kraton 6s EXB. Runs awesome on 4s, with punch one down from full. I have a HW XR8 plus I may drop into it. I'd have to go with the K6s EXB, for best all round RTR basher, out of the box. I have a Tekno truggy kit waiting to build. If those guys could provide some appealing and durable body systems, they'd sell a lot more kits.
Nobody had any ET48.3 in stock. I waited and waited for Tekno's ET48 2.0 to be released. I was gonna build a monster truggy with it. Arrma comes out with the Kraton 6S EXB roller... had pretty much on it what I wanted to do to an ET48, and was going to be as close to an Arrma kit as we'll/I'll ever get. I love the EXB, but I won't ever get another pillow-ball suspension RC again if I can help it ;) 😁 😜.

I love the EXB, but I won't ever get another pillow-ball suspension RC again if I can help it ;) 😁 😜.
I share in your dislike of the pillow ball suspension system. That's my only real complaint with my 8s Exb. That and the tinfoil chassis. 7074 my arse!

I have both versions and they are different sizes, 1/8 vs 1/10, but both are terrific quality and well made.

I have a SCT410-2.0 on the way as well, so that's three 410s... Tekno really needs some help with their model "names". :happy:

Closest thing I have on hand with a side by side comparison. MT10-2.0 is under the E-Maxx, original MT410 is next to the Summit

1YNik0I.jpg
They ruined it. I was thinking about grabbing one but the new one is too dang small!

Yeah, glad I got the larger one when they were on clearance at the end of the year.

I heard rumors a newer version of the larger model is in the works, but only rumors.

Yeah, glad I got the larger one when they were on clearance at the end of the year.

I heard rumors a newer version of the larger model is in the works, but only rumors.
It's absolutely true. Better sell @Chubaka it to make room for an even larger one.🤪🤪🙄

I share in your dislike of the pillow ball suspension system. That's my only real complaint with my 8s Exb. That and the tinfoil chassis. 7074 my arse!
It is likely 7075 as they claim, but it is hardened improperly and it nowhere near T6 grade hardness. So it's cheap, Chinese 7075 aluminum.
I hope so. I wanted the MT410 pretty danged bad til they shrunk it.
Haven't had a basher for many years so I'm kinda out of the loop on whats what now. A few years back i think the Arrma's where sure getting alot of positive feedback as far as overall durability, still the case? Thoughts? Suggestions?
Kinda looking at the 1/8 kraton on 6s but hows the 1/10 big rock or granite?
The 3s and 4s Arrma stuff is crap in my opinion.

Yes, with the original MT410, Tekno did all the work for you... buggy chassis, truggy arms, etc., etc.... they just named it wrong I guess. I swear I seen someone recently make their own MT410 "2.0" using the EB48 2.0 as the base for their build.

I believe it was in an issue of RCCA, where it was said, "1/8 scale buggies are the tanks of the RC world." That always stuck in my head.

My Typhon 3s literally just sits in a box somewhere. MT10 has been around for quite some time, it was originally a Helion Avenge 10MT then when Helion went away Associated bought the design and released it again. https://rcnewb.com/helion-avenge-10mt-xb-monster-truck/

MT8 is not that great, stock electronics are not good, motor and esc are just okay rebranded 8bl150 that is program locked and the usual 2200kv motor, the arms and camber links are fragile as well. Complete opposite of the MT10. Neither car is actually made by Associated but some manufacturer in China, the Redcat Kaiju is also made by the same manufacture it suffers the same issues as the MT8.
if its just sitting...
is it for sale? i had a typhon 3S. i sorta miss it.